Mount Pleasant School, Harare
Mount Pleasant School or Joshua Nkomo High School is located in the suburb of Mount Pleasant, Harare, Zimbabwe. The official name is for the late veteran nationalist, president of Zimbabwe African People's Union and vice-president of Zimbabwe, Dr. Joshua Nkomo.
Mount Pleasant School was ranked 58th out of the top 100 best high schools in Africa by Africa Almanac in 2003, based upon quality of education, student engagement, strength and activities of alumni, school profile, internet and news visibility.
- Aobakwe Cornelius Pone – IT Architect (BPM+SOA), avid golfer
- Ralph Borland – artist, designer and technologist
- Dr. Jeremy Brickhill – served in Zimbabwe People's Revolutionary Army during the Second Chimurenga, historian and film producer
- Gwinyai Tongoona – tennis player, achieved rank 678, 27 October 2003
- Monica Chinamasa – farmer and wife of Zimbabwean Finance Minister Patrick Chinamasa
- Phillip Weiss – music and drama producer, geographer, textbook author
- Iden Wetherell – editor, historian and winner of 2002 International Editor of the Year Award
- Kelvin Meade- Business Guru, and Financial Consultant
- Steven Nicholai Brown, A Finance and Business Guru who currently resides in the UK and South Africa.
- Advert in the Herald, 6 February 2002
- "top20highschools". Africa Almanac. Africa Almanac. 1 October 2003. Archived from the original on 14 January 2007. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
The research leading up to the publication of the 100 Best High Schools in Africa began with the launching of the website in December 2000.
- Tennisinsight.com Player profile: Gwinyai Tongoona
- Worldpress, 2002. International Editor of the Year Award.
|This Zimbabwe school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|