Mount Pleasant Township, Delaware County, Indiana
|Mount Pleasant Township|
Location of Mount Pleasant Township in Delaware County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||33.94 sq mi (87.9 km2)|
|• Land||33.7 sq mi (87 km2)|
|• Water||0.24 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|Elevation||912 ft (278 m)|
|• Density||418.5/sq mi (161.6/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453657|
Mount Pleasant Township is one of twelve townships in Delaware County, Indiana. According to the 2010 census, its population was 14,102 and it contained 6,157 housing units. The school system is Mount Pleasant Township Community Schools in Yorktown.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 33.94 square miles (87.9 km2), of which 33.7 square miles (87 km2) (or 99.29%) is land and 0.24 square miles (0.62 km2) (or 0.71%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Harrison Township (north)
- Center Township (east)
- Monroe Township (southeast)
- Salem Township (south)
- Richland Township, Madison County (west)
- Monroe Township, Madison County (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Hawk, Jones and McKinley.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - State -- County Subdivision -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.