Mount Read Volcanics
It is a complex belt due to folding, faulting and a range of tectonic events.
It is a productive mineralised belt that has profitable copper-silver and gold production of Mount Lyell, Rosebery, and Henty Gold Mine ; and numerous smaller sites of prospective mineralisation along the West Coast Range.
- Corbett, K. D; Large, Ross R; Geological Society of Australia; Australian Geological Convention (10th : 1990 : Hobart, Tas.) (1990), Excursion guide E1 : the Mount Read Volcanics and related ore deposits, s.n, retrieved 5 April 2012
- Corbett, K. D; McPhie, Jocelyn; Australian Geological Survey Organisation; IAVCEI General Assembly (1993 : Canberra, A.C.T.) (1993), Mount Read volcanics and associated ore deposits, Tasmania : IAVCEI, Canberra 1993 : excursion guide, Australian Geological Survey Organisation, ISBN 978-0-642-19664-4
- Crawford, AJ (1995), A geochemical approach to a tectonic model for the Mount Read Volcanics, Geological Society of Australia, retrieved 19 June 2015
- Large, R.R. (editor) and convenor: P.L.F. Collins (1986) The Mount Read volcanics and associated ore deposits : a symposium, Burnie, November 1986. Hobart : Geological Society of Australia, Tasmanian Division. ISBN 0-7246-1955-0
- Leaman, D. E. (David Edward); Tasmania. Division of Mines and Mineral Resources; Mt. Read Volcanics Project (1986), Mount Read Volcanics Project : preliminary interpretation report 1985 West Tasmania aeromagnetic survey (Macquarie Harbour South to Elliott Bay), Tasmania Dept. of Resources and Energy, Division of Mines and Mineral Resources, retrieved 19 June 2015
- Leaman, D. E. (David Edward); Tasmania. Dept. of Mines; Mt. Read Volcanics Project (1987), Mount Read Volcanics Project mineralisation signature study : geophysics, gravity and magnetics, Tasmania Dept. of Mines, retrieved 5 April 2012
- McPhie, J. (Jocelyn); Corbett, K. D; Geological Society of Australia; Australian Geological Convention (17th : 2004 : Hobart, Tas.) (2004), Mount Read volcanics, western Tasmania : field guide A3 : 17 AGC : dynamic earth : past, present and future 2004 : 17th Australian Geological Convention, Hobart, Geological Society of Australia, ISBN 978-1-876125-37-0
- White, Matthew J (1996), Stratigraphy, volcanology and sedimentology of the Cambrian Tyndall Group, Mount Read volcanics, western Tasmania, retrieved 19 June 2015