Mount Shiomi seen from Mount Aino
|Elevation||3,047 m (9,997 ft) |
|Prominence||505 m (1,657 ft) |
|Listing||List of mountains and hills of Japan by height|
|Location||Chūbu region, Honshū, Japan|
|Parent range||Akaishi Mountains|
Mt. Shiomi (塩見岳 Shiomi-dake?) is a mountain located in the centre of the Akaishi Mountains−Southern Alps, within Minami Alps National Park, Japan. It is on the border of Shizuoka and Nagano Prefectures. It is one of the 100 Famous Japanese Mountains.
- 1902 - Toranosuke Ienaka climbed the top for the Surveying investigation. Afterwards, the Triangulation station was set up in the peak on the west side.
- 1964 - The Mount Shiomi region was specified for the new Minami Alps National Park.
- 1977 - Shiomi mountain hut was built on the west of the summit .
Shiomi Mountain hut and Mount Shiomi
(seen from west)
- "Altitude of the main mountain in Japan (in Nagano prefecture)" (in Japanese). Geospatial Information Authority of Japan. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Shiomi-dake, Japan". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2013-05-14.
- "Minami Alps National Park". Ministry of the Environment (Japan). Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- List of mountains in Japan
- 100 Famous Japanese Mountains
- Three-thousanders (in Japan)
- Akaishi Mountains
- Minami Alps National Park
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mount Shiomidake.|
|This Nagano Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Shizuoka Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|