Mount Terrible (Victoria)
The sign at the summit
|Elevation||1,325 metres (4,347 ft) AHD |
|Parent range||Great Dividing Range|
Mount Terrible is a mountain within the Great Dividing Range, located to the south-west of Kevington in Victoria, Australia. The mountain is located within the 100 hectares (250 acres) Mount Terrible Natural Features and Scenic Reserve.
Location and features
Its peak is 1,325 metres (4,347 ft) AHD and affords excellent views. The walk up the spur from the Kevington Pub is an excellent, if strenuous 1,000 metres (3,300 ft) climb with spectacular views. A fire lookout tower was installed in 1962. It is a steel structure measuring 22 metres (72 ft) high and has a cabin on top. The tower is utilised for communications by Telstra, Ambulance Victoria, Department of Sustainability and Environment, Victorian State Emergency Service, LSE Technology and the Upper Goulburn Repeater Association (UHF CB).
- "Mount Terrible, Victoria". peakbagger. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- "Place Names Search: Mount Terrible". Geoscience Australia. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- Mansfield - Baw Baw Four-Wheel-Drive Map (Map) (1 ed.). 1:100,000. Spatial Vision.
- "7. Jamieson Landscape Zone" (PDF). Biodiversity Action Planning – Landscape plans for the Goulburn Broken CMA − South East Goulburn Broken. 1 August 2003. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Lake Eildon, VIC". The Great Outdoors. Archived from the original on 5 July 2004. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- "Mt. Terrible". Fire Lookouts Downunder. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- "Comms Site MT TERRIBLE". Australian Communications and Media Authority. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
- "Upper Goulburn Repeater Association Inc. general charter". Upper Goulburn Community & Repeater Association Inc. Retrieved 20 January 2012.
Media related to Mount Terrible (Victoria) at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a location in Victoria, Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|