Mount Toolebewong, Victoria
|Population||140 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Yarra Ranges|
Mount Toolebewong is a bounded rural locality in Victoria, Australia 65 kilometres north-east of Melbourne, Australia and south of Healesville. The summit of the mountain is 750m above sea level. Its local government area is the Shire of Yarra Ranges. At the 2016 Census, Mount Toolebewong had a population of 140.
‘Toolebewong' is a Wurundjeri place name from the Woiwurrung language meaning ‘Where the raven sat on a tree’.
- "THE SKETCHER". The Australasian. XLIV (1161). Victoria, Australia. 30 June 1888. p. 15. Retrieved 21 April 2017 – via National Library of Australia., ...Opposite the junction of the Woori with the river rise heavily-wooded spurs backed by the bold front, which could be distinctly seen, clothed to its very summit with gigantic timber, of Mount Toolebewong, which in turn is supported by four other mountain forms...
- "THE BUSH FIRES". The Age (19, 931). Victoria, Australia. 10 February 1919. p. 6. Retrieved 21 April 2017 – via National Library of Australia., ...the lower slopes of Mounts Riddell and Toolebewong stretches of beautiful timber are, as I write, steadily burning....round Mount Toolebewong about four miles and a half from Healesville...the mountain seemed circled with a ring of fire...
- "A Holiday Jaunt in Victoria". Port Adelaide News. 7 (38). South Australia. 7 May 1920. p. 7. Retrieved 21 April 2017 – via National Library of Australia., ...A trip 'to the summit of Mount Toolebewong, with the palafishing village...
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Mount Toolebewong (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 August 2020.
- REFERENCE TABLE State Forest Names Associated with the Gippsland Region and Surrounds Name Review