Mount Vernon, Illinois micropolitan area
- Places with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Places with 1,000 to 5,000 inhabitants
- Places with 500 to 1,000 inhabitants
- Places with less than 500 inhabitants
As of the census of 2000, there were 48,666 people, 18,836 households, and 12,998 families residing within the μSA. The racial makeup of the μSA was 91.36% White, 6.56% African American, 0.22% Native American, 0.41% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.39% from other races, and 1.05% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.20% of the population.
The median income for a household in the μSA was $32,026, and the median income for a family was $39,396. Males had a median income of $32,977 versus $19,496 for females. The per capita income for the μSA was $16,453.
- Carolyn Stewart. "Census of Population and Housing - Publications - U.S. Census Bureau". census.gov. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.