Mount Vernon High School (Ohio)
|Mount Vernon High School|
|300 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, Ohio, (Knox County) 43050
|Type||Public, coeducational high school|
|School district||Mount Vernon City Schools|
|Superintendent||William Seder Jr.|
|Color(s)||Orange and black|
|Athletics conference||Ohio Cardinal Conference|
|Team name||Yellow Jackets|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Head Teacher||John Frye|
|Athletic Director||Mark Shively|
Mount Vernon High School is a public four-year high school located in Mount Vernon, Ohio, United States. It is the only high school in the Mount Vernon City Schools district. The school's mascot is the Yellow Jacket, and its official colors are orange and black. The mascot is actually orange and black rather than yellow and black, due to copyright reasons. It is located at 300 Martinsburg Road, near State Route 586. Near the high school is Mount Vernon Middle School, the only one in the district. Also nearby is Mount Vernon Nazarene University, MVNU.
Clubs and activities
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- "Mount Vernon to join Ohio Cardinal Conference". Mount Vernon News. March 29, 2015. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- "Executive Board Pre-File Application". OhioJCL.org – June 2007. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on June 17, 2007. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- "OJCL Constitution". OhioJCL.org – July 2002. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on July 21, 2002. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
... by paying both OJCL annual chapter dues and any annual chapter membership dues required by NJCL.
|This Knox County, Ohio school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|