Mount Wellington, New Zealand
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Local authority||Auckland Council|
|Train station(s)||Panmure Train Station|
|North||Ellerslie, St. John's Park, Panmure|
|East||Tamaki River, Pakuranga, Panmure|
Mount Wellington is a suburb in East Auckland, New Zealand, located 10 kilometres southeast of the city centre. It is surrounded by the suburbs of Stonefields, Tamaki, Panmure, Penrose, and Ellerslie, and by the Tamaki River. The suburb is named after the volcanic peak of Maungarei / Mount Wellington. Sylvia Park is a large business park and shopping centre in the suburb.
Maungarei / Mount Wellington is a 135-metre volcanic peak of the Auckland volcanic field. It is the youngest onshore volcano of the Auckland volcanic field, having been formed by an eruption around 10,000 years ago. It is the largest of Auckland's scoria cones. It is not expected to erupt again.
- Bailey Road School is a state, coeducational full primary (years 1-8) school with a roll of 418 and a decile rating of 3.
- Stanhope Road School is a state, coeducational full primary (years 1-8) school with a roll of 495 and a decile rating of 4. It was established in 1958.
- Sylvia Park School is a state, coeducational full primary (years 1-8) school with a roll of 248 and a decile rating of 2.
- "Volcanoes of Auckland: Mt Wellington". Auckland Regional Council. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- Te Kete Ipurangi schools database: Bailey Road School
- Te Kete Ipurangi schools database: Stanhope Road School
- Te Kete Ipurangi schools database: Sylvia Park School
- Volcanoes of Auckland: The Essential guide - Hayward, B.W., Murdoch, G., Maitland, G.; Auckland University Press, 2011.