Mount Wellington, New Zealand
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Local authority||Auckland Council|
|Train station(s)||Sylvia Park Railway Station|
|Ellerslie, St. John's Park, Panmure|
|Tamaki River, Pakuranga, Panmure|
Mount Wellington is a suburb in East Auckland, New Zealand, located 10 kilometres southeast of the city centre. It is surrounded by the suburbs of Stonefields, Tamaki, Panmure, Penrose, and Ellerslie, and by the Tamaki River. The suburb is named after the volcanic peak of Maungarei / Mount Wellington. Sylvia Park is a large business park and shopping centre located in the suburb.
Maungarei / Mount Wellington is a 135-metre volcanic peak of the Auckland volcanic field. It is the youngest onshore volcano of the Auckland volcanic field, having been formed by an eruption around 10,000 years ago. It is the largest of Auckland's scoria cones. It is not expected to erupt again.
- Bailey Road School is a state, coeducational full primary (years 1-8) school with a roll of 418 and a decile rating of 3.
- Stanhope Road School is a state, coeducational full primary (years 1-8) school with a roll of 495 and a decile rating of 4. It was established in 1958.
- Sylvia Park School is a state, coeducational full primary (years 1-8) school with a roll of 248 and a decile rating of 2.
- Stonefields School is a school right at the base of Mt Wellington. It is a full primary (years 1-8) school
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 February 2009. Retrieved 5 March 2009.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Volcanoes of Auckland: Mt Wellington". Auckland Regional Council. Archived from the original on 11 February 2009. Retrieved 5 March 2009.
- Education Counts: Bailey Road School
- Education Counts: Stanhope Road School
- Education Counts: Sylvia Park School
- Volcanoes of Auckland: The Essential guide - Hayward, B.W., Murdoch, G., Maitland, G.; Auckland University Press, 2011.