Mountain (CDP), Wisconsin
Mountain is an unincorporated census-designated place in Oconto County, Wisconsin, United States. The community is located at the intersection of Wisconsin Highway 32 and Wisconsin Highway 64, in the town of Mountain. It is located at latitude 45.185 and longitude -88.474 and elevation 971 feet (mean sea level). The postal code for Mountain is 54149. As of the 2010 census, its population is 363. Mountain has an area of 6.699 square miles (17.35 km2), all of it land.
A post office called Mountain has been in operation since 1889. Mountain was platted in 1896. The community was named from the hilly terrain in the area, which early drivers compared to climbing mountains.
Mountain High School, listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- "Mountain (CDP), Wisconsin". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Mountain, Oconto County, Wisconsin". Wisconsin Hometown Locator.
- "American FactFinder". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 15 April 2011.
- "Oconto County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company (1908). A History of the Origin of the Place Names Connected with the Chicago & North Western and Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railways. p. 105.
|This article about a location in Oconto County, Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|