Mountain Home (Santa Clara County, California)
|• Total||6.0 sq mi (16 km2)|
|• Land||5.9 sq mi (15 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||928 ft (283 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (PST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|Area code(s)||408, 669|
|GNIS feature ID||1670815|
Mountain Home is a sparsely populated area located on the eastern side of the Santa Cruz Mountains in unincorporated southwest Santa Clara County, California near Mount Chual and Rancho Canada del Oro Open Space Preserves. The Loma Fire burned about one half of the region in 2016.
The area is situated within the upper Llagas Creek watershed, bounded by Mount Chual and Rancho Canada del Oro Open Space Preserves toward the north, Loma Prieta Road on the west, Loma Chiquita Road on the south, and Twin Creeks Road on the east. The region includes small communities along Casa Loma Road, Mt Chual Spur Road, and Twin Falls Road.
- "Mountain Home". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority. "Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority and Water District Meeting, January 2017" (PDF). Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- CalFire. "Watershed Report, October 2016" (PDF). Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- USGS. "Report on Berrocal fault zone (Class A) No. 57, August 2000". Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- CC Cartography, Inc. "San Jose area faults map". Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- CalFire. "Final Report on Loma Fire, October 2016". Retrieved 2017-07-11.