Mountain View Adventist College
|Mountain View Adventist College|
|Doonside, New South Wales
|Principal||Jennifer M. Gibbons|
|Slogan||"Nurture for today. Learning for tomorrow. Character for eternity."|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Mountain View Adventist College is a private primary and secondary school located in Doonside, New South Wales, Australia. It is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist education system, the world's second largest Christian school system.
Mountain View Adventist College began in 1968 as a two-room primary school. It began to cater for Year 7-8 in 1983 and Year 10 by 1985. A Year 12 class was added in 1999. In 2004, the college began a pre-kindy class to cater for the needs of 4 year olds.
The schools curriculum consists primarily of the standard courses taught at college preparatory schools across the world. All students are required to take classes in the core areas of English, Basic Sciences, Mathematics, a Foreign Language, and Social Sciences.
All students take religion classes each year that they are enrolled. These classes cover topics in biblical history and Christian and denominational doctrines. Instructors in other disciplines also begin each class period with prayer or a short devotional thought, many which encourage student input. Weekly, the entire student body gathers together for an hour-long chapel service. Outside the classrooms there is year-round spiritually oriented programming that relies on student involvement.
The Academy offers the following sports:
- Touch Football
- Table Tennis
- List of Non-Government schools in New South Wales
- Seventh-day Adventist education
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary schools
- "Location" of Mountain View Adventist College, from the school's website. Accessed 2009-06-25
- "Adventist Online Yearbook" of Mountain View Adventist College, from the Adventist Yearbook website. Accessed 2009-06-25
- http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/1115/For-real-education-reform-take-a-cue-from-the-Adventists"the second largest Christian school system in the world has been steadily outperforming the national average – across all demographics."
- "Department of Education, Seventh-day Adventist Church". Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Rogers, Wendi; Kellner, Mark A. (April 1, 2003). "World Church: A Closer Look at Higher Education". Adventist News Network. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- "Historical Overview" of Mountain View Adventist College, from the school's website. Accessed 2009-06-25
|This article related to a New South Wales school is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Seventh-day Adventist-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|