Mountain View High School (Pima County, Arizona)
|Mountain View High School|
|3901 West Linda Vista Boulevard
Tucson, Arizona 85742
|School district||Marana Unified School District|
|Grades||9th - 12th|
|Color(s)||Black and silver|
|Mascot||Monte the Mountain Lion|
|Rival||Marana High School|
Mountain View High School in unincorporated Pima County, Arizona is one of the two high schools in the Marana Unified School District. It opened in 1986, ten years after Mesa's high school with the same name. (The two Mountain Views are Arizona's only two district high schools that share a name.)
This section is incomplete. (January 2015)
Mountain View has many sports programs including football, baseball, volleyball, soccer, track and field, cross country, basketball, tennis, wrestling, swimming, cheerleading, golf, and marching band. The school is a member of the Arizona Interscholastic Association, and is a Division 1 and 2 school.
Mountain View football won their first state championship in 1993.
- Jared Lee Loughner, mass murderer in the 2011 Tucson shooting
- James MacPherson, football player
- Lacey Nymeyer, Olympic swimmer
- "Marana Unified School District - MVHS Quick Facts". Marana Unified School District. Retrieved 2008-12-15.
- "Mountain View High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved October 2, 2017.
- Berger, Judson (2011-01-10). "Loughner's Meltdown Began in Adulthood, Those Near Him Say". Fox News Channel. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
|This Arizona school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|