Mountain West Airlines-Idaho
This article needs attention from an expert in Defunct Airlines or Idaho.(November 2009)
Mountain West Airlines-Idaho (IATA: FX) was a short-lived commuter airline based in Boise, Idaho. Its first flight was on January 29, 1979 with its flights continuing until the service termination on March 5, 1981. Its last published timetable was February 14, 1981.
Cities served at various times were: Boise, Pocatello; Twin Falls, Idaho; Idaho Falls; Sun Valley, Idaho; Lewiston, Idaho and Coeur d'Alene, Idaho; Reno, Nevada; Salt Lake City, Utah; Rock Springs, Wyoming and Butte, Montana.
It was flying during the time many independent small commuter airlines were flying throughout the US. In Idaho, its main competitors were Gem State Airlines, Cascade Airways, and to a lesser extent Hughes Airwest (later Republic Airlines). (Horizon Air entered service in 1981.)
Services to Lewiston and Coeur d'Alene were undertaken (from Dec 1980) after Gem State had abandoned their Idaho services and relocated to California. Service to Butte (from Dec 1980), was started after Cascade Airways had discontinued the route.
Its motto was "Nobody knows the Mountain West like we do!"
- Mountain West Airlines (1977)
- Mountain West Airlines (1979)
- Mountain West Airlines (1985)
- Mountain West Airlines (1994)
- Mountain West Airlines
- "Idaho's Small Airlines Struggling to Survive". Spokane Daily Chronicle. 1979-08-27. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "Mountain West Airlines suspends regular service". The Deseret News. 1981-03-06.
- "Boise-based airline may add Lewiston stops". Lewiston Morning Tribune. October 31, 1980. p. 1B.
- "Weather, not mechanical bugs, scrubbed flight, airline says". Lewiston Morning Tribune. January 10, 1981. p. 1B.
- http://www.departedflights.com, Nov. 15, 1979 Official Airline Guide (OAG), Boise flight schedules
- "Commuter airlines directory". Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "The World's Airlines. Past, Present & Future". airlinehistory.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
|This Idaho-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|