Mountaindale, Rhode Island
Mountaindale (also known as Mountain Dale) is a locale in the town of Smithfield, Providence County, Rhode Island, United States. The area is currently included in the Greenville, Rhode Island census-designated place and is sometimes referred to as part of Spragueville.
Mountaindale is one of the named villages of Smithfield. Mountaindale was home to the Mountain Dale Hosiery Mill owned by J.P. and J.G. Ray.
It is currently a named place in Rhode Island.
It is named in a political graveyard reference source.
Mountaindale Beach is located in Mountaindale.
- ^ Smithfield town website
- ^ Smithfield official town website listing Mountaindale synonymously as a section or village Archived 2010-10-06 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ Mountain Dale listed as a village 1893
- ^ "History of the Town of Smithfield [R.I.]: From Its Organization, in 1730-1, to Its Division, in 1871". 1881.
- ^ COUNTY LOCATION OF NEW ENGLAND PLACE NAMES
- ^ Political graveyard source