|Administrative region||Central Macedonia|
|• Municipal unit||138.7 km2 (53.6 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||2,725|
|• Municipal unit density||20/km2 (51/sq mi)|
|• Population||604 (2011)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Mouries (Greek: Μουριές) is a village and a former municipality in the Kilkis regional unit, northern Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Kilkis, of which it is a municipal unit. The municipal unit has an area of 138.660 km2. Population 2,725 (2011). The seat of the municipality was in Stathmos Mourion (Mouries Station). During the Macedonian Struggle, the inhabitants of the Mouries area fought hard against the Bulgarian enemy. Stavros Pallas, from Mouries, was one of the great fighters in the area. Pantelis Papaioannou, from Makryevo (now in the Republic of Macedonia) was also a great leader of Macedonians (Greeks) in the area.
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (in Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece.
- In Greek: Obscure Native Macedonian Fighters" Company of Macedonian Studies (CMS), University Studio Press, Thessaloniki, 2008]
- In Greek: "The Macedonian Struggle" K. Vakalopoulos, C. Nerantzis, 2000
|This Central Macedonia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|