Mouse Genome Informatics
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Mouse Genome Database. (Discuss) Proposed since April 2012.|
Mouse Genome Informatics (MGI) is a free, online database and bioinformatics resource hosted by The Jackson Laboratory, with funding by The National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI), the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD). MGI provides access to data on the genetics, genomics and biology of the laboratory mouse to facilitate the study of human health and disease. The database integrates multiple projects with the two largest contributions from the Mouse Genome Database and Gene Expression Database (GXD).
The Mouse Genome Informatics resource is a collection of data, tools, and analyses created and tailored for use in the laboratory mouse, a widely used model organism. The history and focus of The Jackson Laboratory research and production facilities generate tremendous knowledge and depth which researchers can mine to advance their research. A dedicated community of mouse researchers, worldwide enhances and contributes to the knowledge as well. This is an indispensable tool for any researcher using the mouse as a model organism for their research, and for researchers interested in genes that share homology with the mouse genes. Various mouse research support resources including animal collections and free colony management software are also available at the MGI site.
- "MGI-MGI Current Funding Support". jax.org. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- Shaw D (May 2004). "Searching the Mouse Genome Informatics (MGI) resources for information on mouse biology from genotype to phenotype". Curr Protoc Bioinformatics. Chapter 1: Unit 1.7. doi:10.1002/0471250953.bi0107s05. PMID 18428715.
- Qi D, Blake JA, Kadin JA, Richardson JE, Ringwald M, Eppig JT, Bult CJ (8–11 August 2005). Data integration in the mouse genome informatics (MGI) database. Computational Systems Bioinformatics Conference, 2005. Workshops and Poster Abstracts. IEEE. pp. 37–8. doi:10.1109/CSBW.2005.48. ISBN 0-7695-2442-7.
- "MGI-About the Mouse Genome Informatics database resource". jax.org. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- Ivica Letunic. "OpenHelix: Mouse Genome Informatics (MGI)". openhelix.com. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
|This bioinformatics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|