Mouse Genome Informatics
Mouse Genome Informatics (MGI) is a free, online database and bioinformatics resource hosted by The Jackson Laboratory, with funding by The National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI), the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD). MGI provides access to data on the genetics, genomics and biology of the laboratory mouse to facilitate the study of human health and disease. The database integrates multiple projects with the two largest contributions from the Mouse Genome Database and Gene Expression Database (GXD).
The Mouse Genome Informatics resource is a collection of data, tools, and analyses created and tailored for use in the laboratory mouse, a widely used model organism. It is "the authoritative source of official names for mouse genes, alleles, and strains", which follow the guidelines established by the International Committee on Standardized Genetic Nomenclature for Mice. The history and focus of The Jackson Laboratory research and production facilities generate tremendous knowledge and depth which researchers can mine to advance their research. A dedicated community of mouse researchers, worldwide enhances and contributes to the knowledge as well. This is an indispensable tool for any researcher using the mouse as a model organism for their research, and for researchers interested in genes that share homology with the mouse genes. Various mouse research support resources including animal collections and free colony management software are also available at the MGI site.
Mouse Genome Database
|Description||resource for mammalian genomics and genetics.|
|Research center||Jackson Laboratory|
|Primary citation||Blake & al. (2011)|
The Mouse Genome Database collects and curates comprehensive phenotype and functional annotations for mouse genes and alleles. This is an NHGRI-funded project which contributes to the Mouse Genome Informatics database.
Mouse gene expression database
|Description||The mouse Gene Expression Database|
|Research center||The Jackson Laboratory|
|Primary citation||Finger & al. (2011)|
The Gene Expression Database is a community resource of mouse developmental expression information.
- "MGI-MGI Current Funding Support". jax.org. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- Shaw D (May 2004). "Searching the Mouse Genome Informatics (MGI) resources for information on mouse biology from genotype to phenotype". Curr Protoc Bioinformatics. Chapter 1: Unit 1.7. doi:10.1002/0471250953.bi0107s05. PMID 18428715.
- Qi D, Blake JA, Kadin JA, Richardson JE, Ringwald M, Eppig JT, Bult CJ (8–11 August 2005). Data integration in the mouse genome informatics (MGI) database. Computational Systems Bioinformatics Conference, 2005. Workshops and Poster Abstracts. IEEE. pp. 37–8. doi:10.1109/CSBW.2005.48. ISBN 0-7695-2442-7.
- "MGI-About the Mouse Genome Informatics database resource". jax.org. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- Mouse Genome Informatics home page
- Mouse Nomenclature Home Page, retrieved 28 August 2016
- Ivica Letunic. "OpenHelix: Mouse Genome Informatics (MGI)". openhelix.com. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- Blake, Judith A.; Bult, Carol J.; Kadin, James A.; Richardson, Joel E.; Eppig, Janan T.; The Mouse Genome Database Group (Jan 2011). "The Mouse Genome Database (MGD): premier model organism resource for mammalian genomics and genetics". Nucleic Acids Res. England. 39 (Database issue): D842–8. doi:10.1093/nar/gkq1008. PMC . PMID 21051359.
- Finger, Jacqueline H; Smith Constance M; Hayamizu Terry F; McCright Ingeborg J; Eppig Janan T; Kadin James A; Richardson Joel E; Ringwald Martin (Jan 2011). "The mouse Gene Expression Database (GXD): 2011 update". Nucleic Acids Res. England. 39 (Database issue): D835–41. doi:10.1093/nar/gkq1132. PMC . PMID 21062809.
- Mouse Genome Informatics Publications
- Tutorial from the Open Door workshop
- Gene eXpression Database (GXD)
|This bioinformatics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|