Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
|Designer(s)||Luke Crane, David Petersen|
|Publisher(s)||Archaia Studios Press|
The Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game is a tabletop role-playing game created by Luke Crane based on the Mouse Guard comics and his own Burning Wheel system. It won the 2008 Origins Award for best roleplaying game and numerous Indie RPG awards, as well as being silver winner for three ENnies and shortlisted for the 2009 Diana Jones Award. Boom! Studios has announced its imprint Archaia Entertainment will release the second edition of the game in 2015.
The game itself has been released in two editions - a hardback in 2008 and a deluxe boxed set was brought out in 2011.
Mouse Guard is a pseudo-medieval setting about an order of anthropomorphic mouse rangers. The setting itself was written by David Petersen in a series of Eisner award winning comics. Many details of the setting such as "How does a mouse become a member of the Mouse Guard" were fleshed out specifically for the RPG.
The game system is a simplified version of the Burning Wheel system, using standard six-sided dice, with each result of a 4-6 being a success. Each character has an overriding belief, an immediate goal, and an instinct that guides them, all with mechanical weight.
- 2008 Origins Award winners
- Indie RPG Awards 2008 Game of the Year
- Indie RPG Awards 2008 Best Production
- 2008 Indie RPG Awards Best Support
- 2009 ENnie Awards
- Diana Jones Award 2009 Nominees
- "New 'Mouse Guard' RPG". ICv2. January 30, 2015. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- Unboxing Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game box set - MTV, 15 July 2011]
- Petersen talks "Mouse Guard" Role-Playing Game - Comic Book Resources, 5 May 2008
- Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game - Tor.com 6 August 2009
- The Mouse Guard RPG Box Set: An In-depth Review - Wired Magazine, 13 December 2011
|This role-playing game related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|