|Headquarters||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
The Movember Foundation is a multinational charity that aims to raise awareness of and money for men’s health. It was founded in 2003 in Melbourne, Australia by Adam Garone, Travis Garone, Luke Slattery, and Justin Coghlan, and attained registered charity status in 2006. Its titular and most well known campaign is Movember, which encourages men to grow moustaches during the month of November.
As of 2014, the Movember Foundation has raised over $580m in charitable donations It has funded more than 800 programs, focusing on prostate cancer, testicular cancer, poor mental health, men’s health awareness and healthy lifestyles. It is active in 21 countries and has a global workforce of 130 people.
- Satish, Akhila (December 1, 2014), The Movember Movement for Men's Health, The Huffington Post
- Healthier men, one moustache at a time: Adam Garone at TEDxToronto, Youtube, November 14, 2011
- Clohesy, Bernadette (June 20, 2015), Two of us, The Age
- Australian Charity Register, Australian Charities & Not-For-Profits Commission
- Petronzio, Matt (November 7, 2014), Movember has raised more than $500 million since 2004, Mashable
- Lim, Jillian Rose (November 7, 2014), Moustache Money: Where the Movember Donations Go, Men’s Journal
- Marshall, Konrad (October 26, 2014), How Movember conquered the world, and what comes next?, The Sydney Morning Herald
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Movember.|
|This article about a medical organization or association is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|