Movie Park Germany
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Slogan||Wow! I'm in the movies!|
|Location||Bottrop, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany|
|Opened||June 7, 1996
(2005 as Movie Park Germany)
|Previous names||Kirchhellener Märchenwald (1967 to 1976), Traumlandpark (1977 to 1985), Das Neue Traumland (1986 to 1991), Bavaria Filmpark Bottrop (1992 to 1993), Warner Bros. Movie World Germany (1996 to 2004),|
The park was opened in June 1996 as "Warner Bros. Movie World Germany" on the former location of the "Traumlandpark" amusement park, which had already replaced an earlier attraction called "Märchenwald". During the time from 1992 to 1993, a short lived theme park called "Bavaria Filmpark" existed in this location as well. The laying of the cornerstone was in May 1994.
In 2004, the park was acquired by StarParks, a sub-group of Palamon Capital Partners. This led to the name of the park being changed into "Movie Park Germany" in 2005, with the Warner Bros. theming removed from the park and replaced by newer themes from 20th Century Fox, MGM, and Nickelodeon and AMC.
In 2010, Parques Reunidos bought the park from Palamon Capital Partners. No changes to the park's name or theming occurred.
The park is divided up into 5 areas each with their own collection of attractions.
Hollywood Street Set
- Bermuda Triangle: Alien Encounter – an Intamin spillwater. It is a replica of the previously operated Sea World ride in Australia.
- Ice Age - No time for nuts 4D - NEW 2016 A 4-D cinema based on the movies.
- The Lost Temple - a simworx "immersive tunnel".
Streets of New York
- NYC Transformer - a Huss Top Spin
- Taste of New York - A expansive food court featuring regional specialties. Included eateries are Jack's Deli and NY Pizza & Pasta.
- Time Riders – Time-travel with John Cleese - Venturer simulators (replaced Batman Abenteuer)
- Van Helsing's Factory - a Gerstlauer Bobsled roller coaster (replaced Gremlins Invasion)
- Avatar Air Glider - a Zamperla Giant Skychaser based on Avatar - The Last Airbender
- Adventure Express - a SBF kiddie train based on Dora the Explorer
- Backyardigans: Mission to Mars - Vekoma Family Roller Coaster
- Barnyard Bumpers - a set of SBF Bumper Cars
- Blue's Skidoo - a SBF Jet ride - the ride is based on the television show Blue's Clues
- Fairy World Spin - fairly odd parents (2013) - a Mack teacups
- Diego's Rescue Rider - a Zamperla Jump Around
- Dora's Big River Adventure - a Zamperla Log Flume - the ride is based on the television show Dora the Explorer
- Ghost Chasers - a Mack wild mouse
- Jimmy Neutron's Atomic Flyer - a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster - the ride is based on the animated television show Jimmy Neutron
- Sea Swing - a SBF swing ride
- Splat-O-Sphere - a Chance Rides Aviator
- SpongeBob Splash Bash - a Preston & Barbieri Splash Battle - the ride is based on the television show SpongeBob SquarePants
- Swiper's Sweeper - a Zamperla Speedway
- Team Umizoomi Number Tumbler (2013) - a Zamperla Kiddie carpet - formerly Teenage Robot Turnabout
- Wonder Pets Flyboat - a SBF Kiddie Freefall Tower - based on the television show Wonder Pets
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (License to drive) June 2013 - driving school
- Ice Age Adventure - an Intamin boat ride - it is based on a 2002 movie Ice Age
- Mystery River - an Intamin rapid ride
The Old West
- Bandit – Germany's first wooden roller coaster of modern times (Based on the Coney Island roller coaster The Cyclone)
- MP Xpress – a Vekoma Suspended Looping Coaster
- Side Kick - a Huss Frisbee
- The High Fall - an Intamin Tilting Gyro Drop
- The Walking Dead:Breakout - NEW 2016 - all year-maze, featuring authentic sets from the TV-Show.
Santa Monica Pier
- Crazy Surfer - a Zamperla Disk-O Coaster
- Hollywood Filmmuseum - Closed, just available for events
- Pier Patrol - a Zierer Wild Water Rondell
- Pier Side Carousel - a Zierer Wave Swinger
- Rescue 112 - a Zamperla Fire Brigade
- Santa Monica Wheel - a SBF Ferris Wheel
- Stormy Cruise - a Zamperla Rockin' Tug
- Nicktoons Character Show NEW 2016- a live show featuring the Nickelodeon characters
- Crazy Cops New York - The Action Stunt Show NEW 2016- a live action stunt show
- Ice Age: No Time for Nuts 4-D NEW 2016
- We can't stop the beat - Musical Show NEW 2016
- Street Entertainment in several areas of the park (e.g. Western Stunt Show, Character meeting)
Halloween Horror Fest
The Halloween Horror Fest is an annual event around Halloween time. It features over 250 scare actors and extra attractions like mazes and scarezones, as well as shows.
Current mazes (2015)
- Deathpital Reloaded (16+)
- Baboo Twister Club (12+)
- Circus of Freaks (16+)
- Infected (Former: The Walking Dead, based on the TV show The Walking Dead, 16+)
- The Slaughterhouse (16+)
- Evil Dead (16+)
Former mazes (1999-2014)
- The Forgotten (16+)
- Noxam Nocere
- City Of The Damned
- Panic Zone
- Paranormal Activity 2 (based on the 2010 motion picture)
- Bermuda Dreieck (water ride with live scare actors. The attraction, now known as 'Bermuda Triangle: Alien Encounter', operates the whole season, but without scare actors)
During the HHF the Nickland theme area is a 'Monsterfreie Zone' (engl. 'monster free area') where children can stay at the park without being scared of the scare actors.
- O'Brien, Tim (18 October 1999). "Premier Purchases WB's European Parks Division". Amusement Business: 1, 32.
- "Attractions". Movie Park Germany. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- O'Brien, Tim (May 17, 1999). "New Family Rides Add Plenty Of Capacity". Amusement Business 111 (20): 20.
- "Shows & Entertainment". Movie Park Germany. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Movie Park Germany.|