Tarif was born in 1963 in the city of Gaza. Since 1753, his family has been leading the Druze community in Israel. In 1993, he inherited the position of spiritual leader from his grandfather, Shaykh Amin Tarif.
In January 2004, Sheikh Mowafak Tarif, the spiritual leader of Israeli Druze, signed a declaration, which called on non-Jews living in Israel to observe the Noahide Laws. He was joined by the mayor of Shefa-'Amr.
- http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132339 Arutz Sheva
- http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4668419,00.html Ynet News
- http://forward.com/the-assimilator/tag/shaykh-mowafak-tarif/ Forward Magazine
- http://www.timesofisrael.com/israels-druze-said-set-to-join-the-fray-in-syria/ The Times of Israel
- "Druze Religious Leader Commits to Noachide "Seven Laws"". 2004-01-18. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
|This Israeli biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a person notable in connection with Islam is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|