Moyar hydro-electric power house
The Moyar Power House is a hydroelectric power station located in the Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu, India. It is run by the Tamil Nadu State Electricity Board. It is 48 km from Ooty and 36 km from Gudalur. The power plant is situated at the bottom of the Moyar Gorge and is accessed by a winch system from the plateau above.
The installed capacity of power house is 36MW, consisting of 3 units with 12MW capacity each. The elevation of the power station is 609 meters and the water source for the power house is from Moyar Forebay Dam, Maravakandy Dam, Pyakara Power House tail race and has a dam capacity of 446.25 Cusec.
- Kundah hydro-electric power house
- Kateri hydro-electric system
- Maravakandy hydro-electric Power House
- "moyar power house". nilgiris.tn.gov.in. Archived from the original on September 27, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- "Nilgiris - General Information". southindianstates.com. Archived from the original on April 2, 2012. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- "moyar". tneb.in. Archived from the original on August 3, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- "hydro-electric system". greenosai.org. Archived from the original on 2010-06-28. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
|This article about a hydroelectric power plant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Indian power station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|