Uwanja wa Ndege wa Mpanda (Swahili)
|Owner||Government of Tanzania|
|Operator||Tanzania Airports Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||3,565 ft / 1,087 m|
Mpanda Airport (ICAO: HTMP) is an airport in western Tanzania serving the town of Mpanda and the surrounding Katavi Region. It is on the southeastern side of the town. The UN Refugee Agency UNHCR helped the Government of Tanzania to finance the upgrade of the airstrip into an airport as a gesture of its appreciation for hosting Burundian refugees for more than 30 years.
Airlines and destinations
|Auric Air||Kigoma, Mwanza|
- Airport information for HTMP at Great Circle Mapper.
- "List of Aerodromes in Tanzania" (PDF). Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Google Maps - Mpanda
- "Mpanda Airport ready by mid next year". Daily News (Tanzania). 22 December 2010. Archived from the original on 19 April 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- "Pinda inaugurates Mpanda airport". Daily News (Tanzania). 22 December 2008. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- "Vice President opens Mpanda Airport". Daily News (Tanzania). 25 November 2012. Archived from the original on 29 January 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
|This article about an airport in Tanzania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|