This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||IT services, IT consulting|
|Nitin Rakesh CEO|
|Services||IT, business consulting and outsourcing services|
|Revenue||₹7,907 crore (US$1.1 billion) (Jan 2020)|
|₹8,730 crore (US$1.2 billion) (Jan 2020)|
|Total assets||₹15,917 crore (US$2.2 billion) (Jan 2020)|
Number of employees
|22,239 (March 2018)|
|Parent||The Blackstone Group (56.12%)|
Mphasis Limited is an IT services company based in Bangalore, India. The company provides infrastructure technology and applications outsourcing services, as well as architecture guidance, application development and integration, and application management services. It serves financial services, telecom, logistics, and technology industries. Mphasis was ranked #7 in India IT companies and overall #189 by Fortune India 500 in 2019. In April 2016, Hewlett Packard Enterprise sold the majority of its stake in Mphasis to Blackstone Group LP for around US$1 billion.
Formation and early years
Mphasis was formed in June 2000 after the merger of the US-based IT consulting company Mphasis Corporation (founded in 1998 in Santa Monica by Jerry Rao and Jeroen Tas.) and the Indian IT services company BFL Software Limited (founded in 1992).
Hewlett-Packard and Mphasis
In September 2009 Mphasis changed its brand identity by dropping EDS association to become "Mphasis, an HP Company" after HP retired EDS Brand to become "HP Enterprise Services". Mphasis operated as an independent HP subsidiary with its own board and continued to be listed on Indian markets as "Mphasis Limited". HP owned close to 62% in Mphasis and Mphasis got around 50% of its revenues from HP.
Mphasis marked $1 billion in revenues and registered a consolidated revenue of Rs 50.37 billion ($1,099.3 million) for the year ended 31 October 2010 becoming the sixth Indian IT company to do that.
On 30 June 2015, Mphasis announced the signing of a definitive agreement to transfer a significant portion of its domestic business, to Hinduja Global Solutions (HGS). On 10 July 2015, Mphasis announced it will move 2,000 employees to Karvy Data Management Services Ltd (KDMSL) as part of a deal signed to partially sell its domestic outsourcing business to Karvy.
Blackstone group – Mphasis
In 2016, after Hewlett-Packard announced plans to sell its controlling stakes in Mphasis, three companies Tech Mahindra, Apollo Global Management and Blackstone Group entered the race to acquire Mphasis. Tech Mahindra emerged as the frontrunner before it decided to pull out in order to avoid a bidding war with other companies. In April 2016, it was announced that Blackstone had acquired 84 percent of Hewlett-Packard's stake in Mphasis in a deal worth between $1825 million and $2.32 billion.
On 29 Jan 2017, Nitin Rakesh joined Mphasis as the Chief Executive Officer and Director. On 7 Aug 2018 Mphasis Board announced buyback offer for its shareholders at an approximate premium of 17.4%.
This section does not cite any sources. (November 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mphasis provides information technology services to its customers around the world. Mphasis provides integrated solutions[buzzword] that include business process outsourcing, infrastructure technology, and application services. The application services offered by the company includes application development as well as applications maintenance and support services. The markets served by the company are financial services and insurance, healthcare, manufacturing, government, transportation, communications, and consumer and retail industries.
Mphasis has more than 60 sales and delivery centers in 19 countries with delivery centers in India, China, Australia, Japan, North America and Europe. In India it has presence with operations in Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Mangalore
- Navion Software, China (2002)
- Kshema Technologies, Bangalore, India (2004)
- Onida Infotech Services (Mirc Electronics SAP Division), Mumbai, India (2004)
- Princeton Consulting, UK (2005)
- Eldorado Computing, US (2005)
- AIG Systems Solutions, India (2009)
- Fortify Infrastructure Services, US (2010)
- Wyde Corporation, US (2011)
- Digital Risk LLC, US (2012)
- Stelligent, US (2018)
- List of IT consulting firms
- List of Indian IT companies
- Electronic Data Systems
- HP Enterprise Services
- "Group Financial Overview and Trends for the Quarter ending 31 Mar 2018" (PDF).
- "Fortune India 500 complete list" (PDF). Mphasis. 18 December 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 January 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2011.
- "(Jerry) Rao: 2006 Distinguished Entrepreneurial Alumni Award Winner". Chicagobooth.edu. Archived from the original on 28 May 2010. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- Jeroen Tas: Executive Profile and Biography - Business Week
- "Company History of Mphasis". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- EDS acquires majority stake in Mphasis
- HP to buy EDS for 13.9 Billion US Dollars, to expand services
- "Mphasis become HP Company" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 November 2010. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- Tough time ahead for Mphasis as Hewlett Packard cut its sales forecast
- "Mphasis crosses $1 billion revenue mark, PAT up 20%". The Times of India. 23 November 2010. Archived from the original on 10 July 2012. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- "MphasiS unveils new brand identity". Businessline.
- "Tech Mahindra leads race to buy Mphasis". The Times of India. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "Tech Mahindra pulls out of race to acquire Mphasis". Business Standard. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "Blackstone buys control of Mphasis". The Hindu. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "Mphasis was a jewel hidden in the HP family: new CEO". The Times of India.
- "Mphasis buyback offer opens today". Businessline.
- Mphasis Offices
- "Mphasis to acquire Navion Software of China". Archives.infotech.indiatimes.com. 25 October 2002. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- "MphasiS to acquire Kshema Technologies". Chennai, India: Hindu.com. 3 April 2004. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- MphasiS to buy out SAP division of MIRC Electronics
- MphasiS acquires Princeton Consulting in Rs 60 cr deal
- "MphasiS Buys Eldorado Computing". The New York Times. 15 March 2005. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- "MphasiS acquires AIG's IT arm in India". Business Standard. 12 August 2009. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- "HP's MphasiS Buys Fortify for Remote Services". Pcworld.com. 8 April 2010. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- "Mphasis paid 2-4.5 times sales for Wyde in cash: CEO". Moneycontrol.com. 1 August 2011. Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- "MphasiS shares surge over 6% on Digital Risk deal". Zee News. 3 December 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- "DevOps Automation Services Specialist Stelligent Acquired by Mphasis". Retrieved 16 November 2018.