|Industry||Retail (Home Improvement)|
|Headquarters||La Chapelle-Saint-Mesmin, France|
|Products||Home improvement products such as home appliances, tools, household hardware, and garden supplies & plants.|
|Revenue||1.67 billion Euro (2006)|
Number of employees
Mr. Bricolage is a French retail chain offering home improvement and do-it-yourself goods. The company has around 80 shops and 435 franchise stores across France and also has operations across numerous European countries, as well as in South America and North Africa.
Mr Bricolage was founded in the early 1964 as the Action Nationale des Promoteurs du Faite-le-vous-même (ANPF), the direct French translation of `do-it-yourself' by the Tabur family who were keen to promote the fast-growing new hobby of DIY.
Originally, each store had its own name. In 1980, all the stores were united under a single brand: Mr.Bricolage.
The ANPF was a cooperative organization that, as a holding company, converted its status in 1995 to that of a limited liability company in order to be able to raise outside capital.
- 65.2% - Action Nationale des Promoteurs du Faite-le-vous-même (ANPF)
- 25.8% - Tabur family
The chain operates over 500 stores in these countries:
- French Polynesia
- Bulgaria 11 stores
- Uruguay (closed all locales in 2017)
In March 2015, a protracted buy-out of Mr Bricolage by the home improvement retailer Kingfisher plc for an estimated fee of €275 million ran into difficulties when Mr Bricolage’s board and its biggest shareholder – ANPF - voiced reservations over the proposed deal.
In February 2015, the firm announced its revenue for the fourth quarter totalled €123.5 million, putting its financial year revenue at €544 million.
- "B&Q-owner faces hurdle in pursuit of Mr Bricolage" (Press release). Guardian. 24 March 2015.
- Derdak, Thomas (1988). International Directory of Company Histories: Advertising, Volumes 1-154. St. James Press. pp. 258 – 260
- "Mr. Bricolage S.A. - Company Profile, Information, Business Description, History, Background Information on Mr. Bricolage S.A." (Press release). Referenceforbusiness.com.
- "50 ans d'histoire du bricolage" (Press release). Mr Bricolage. 25 March 2015.
- Dhénin, Jean-François (2004). Développement de l'unité commerciale. Editions Bréal. pp. 165-166
- "Mr Bricolage FY revenue down to 544.0 mln euros" (Press release). Reuters. 12 February 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mr. Bricolage.|