Mr. Catra in 2015
Wagner Domingues Costa
November 5, 1968
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Died||September 9, 2018 (aged 49)|
São Paulo, Brazil
|Children||33 (1 deceased)|
Wagner Domingues Costa (5 November 1968 – 9 September 2018), known professionally as Mr. Catra, was a Brazilian funk singer and actor. He was known in Brazilian pop culture for his large number of children, having two wives, and his famous laugh at the beginning or ending of his songs.
Mr. Catra graduated in law and was a polyglot, speaking English, French, German and Hebrew, besides his native Brazilian Portuguese.
He had 33 recognized children with 18 women, Catra used to say that "he always adds 2 because he never knows if he has more (children) around that he doesn't know of". He never asked for a paternity test. Two of his children are adopted and are HIV positive. He had been with one of his three wives for 22 years. One of his sons died aged 5 years old, leaving the singer traumatized by his loss. In 2011 he converted to Judaism.
- O Bonde dos Justos (1994)
- O Segredo do Altíssimo (1996)
- O Fiel (1999)
- Bonde do Tesão (2001)
- Proibidão Liberado (2004)
- Humildade é Tudo (2007)
- Poder da Favela (2008)
- Com Todo Respeito ao Samba (2012)
- "Mr. Catra - Album Discography". AllMusic.
- "Interview with O Globo".
- Braziliense, Correio (11 August 2017). "Funkeiro Mr. Catra será pai... pela TRIGÉSIMA TERCEIRA vez".
- "Mr. Catra revela que perdeu um filho de 5 anos: "Me traumatizou muito"".
- "Passamos um dia com o Mr. Catra, e ele abriu o jogo sobre mulheres, família, religião e drogas". 28 June 2015.
- "Sucesso no 'BBB' e nas ruas, Mr. Catra, agora judeu, diz que a monogamia é um erro" (in Portuguese). O Globo. 28 February 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- "Mr. Catra revela que trata câncer no estômago e passará por cirurgia". G1 (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- "Mr. Catra morre em São Paulo aos 49 anos". G1 (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2018-09-09.
|This article on a Brazilian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|