Theatrical release poster
|Music by||Sam CS|
|Cinematography||Richard M. Nathan|
|Edited by||T. S. Suresh|
|Distributed by||BOFTA Media Work India Pvt.Ltd |
Wild Lion Films Pvt.Ltd
|6 July 2018|
Mr. Chandramouli is an 2018 Indian Tamil language Drama Thriller film written and directed by Thiru and produced by G. Dhananjayan. It features Karthik, Gautham Karthik, Regina Cassandra and Varalaxmi Sarathkumar in the lead roles. The film revolves around Raghav, a professional boxer, finds himself in a fix when an unexpected turn of events gets him tangled in a battle between his passion, family and the love of his life.
The movie starts of with Azhagar, the CEO of a taxi business, receiving an award and GoCabs CEO Vinayak congratulating him. Then, it shows Chandramouli waiting in traffic with a green Premier Padmini. He arrives at his son Raghav's boxing match, and they argue about the car. Afterward, we learn about Madhu, Raghav's girlfriend, and a flashback reveals that they met after Chandramouli accidentally hit the back of Madhu's Vespa. Later on, there has been a series of crimes involving GoCab drivers, and Vinayak cannot sponsor Raghav for the state championships, so he decides to go to Azhagar for a sponsorship. He goes on to win the state championships, and the prize is a Suzuki Baleno. Chandramouli asks Raghav to go for a drive with him, to which he agrees. During the drive, their Padmini gets in an accident with a lorry, and Pugazhendhi, Azhagar's assistant, beats Chandramouli to death. Raghav later wakes up in a hospital, and learns that due to the accident, he can only see two feet in front of him, and also learns that his father is dead. A couple weeks later, Raghav receives a death certificate for a person called Bairavi. We later learn in a flashback that she and Chandramouli were close friends, and that she was killed by Pugazh and his men. The rest of the story is about how Raghav finds out why they killed Bairavi and Chandramouli.
- Karthik as Chandramouli
- Gautham Karthik as Raghav
- Regina Cassandra as Madhu
- Varalaxmi Sarathkumar as Bairavi
- Santhosh Prathap as Vinayak Kanakasabai
- Sathish as Padmani
- J. Mahendran as Azhagar
- Mime Gopi as Pugazhendhi
- Jagan as Partha
- G. Dhananjayan as Madhu's father
- John Mahendran as Lawyer
- Viji Chandrasekhar as ACP Dwaraga
- Agathiyan as Ramamurthy
- Stunt Silva as Mani
- R. Venkat as Nagarajan
In early October 2017, director Thiru announced that he would be making a film featuring Karthik and his son Gautham Karthik in the lead roles. Produced by G. Dhananjayan, Thiru revealed that the film would be an action thriller where Karthik would portray a government official and Gautham would portray a boxer. Regina Cassandra and Varalaxmi Sarathkumar were signed to portray the lead female roles, while Sathish was cast in a further supporting role. Thiru also cast veteran directors, Mahendran and Agathiyan in pivotal acting roles, with the latter being the director's father-in-law.
After a period of deliberate suspense, the team announced that the film would be titled Mr. Chandramouli. The film's title is borrowed from a dialogue spoken by Karthik in Mouna Ragam (1986). Production began in late November 2017, and continued throughout early 2018.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||25 April 2018|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Sam CS chronology|
The soundtrack album of Mr. Chandramouli consists of 6 songs composed by Sam CS and was released on Sony Music on 25 April 2018. The title track was co-sung by actor Sivakumar's daughter Brindha, who made her playback singing debut with this film.
|1.||"Kallooliye"||Sam C.S.||Sam C.S. & Swagatha S. Krishnan||03:53|
|2.||"Kandapadi"||Logan||Sam C.S. & Guna||04:50|
|3.||"Yedhedho Aanene"||Vivek||Sam C.S. & Chinmayi||05:03|
|4.||"Raajadhi Raja"||Vivek||Mukesh Mohamed & Ranjith Govind||03:22|
|5.||"Theeraadho Vali"||Sam C.S.||Haricharan||04:43|
|6.||"Mr. Chandramouli Theme"||Vithya Damodharan||Sam C.S. & Brindha Sivakumar||03:13|
Mr. Chandramouli released on 6 July 2018. And the movie received mixed reviews.
- Das, Rajashree (15 May 2018). "When the crew of 'Mr Chandramouli' tried their hand at cricket". The Hindu. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
The show features the lead cast of the upcoming sports-related comedy-drama film Mr Chandramouli, trying their hand at cricket.
- "Thiru's Next Titled 'Mr Chandramouli', Gautham Karthik To Share Screen Space With Father". Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Two National Award-winning directors in Mr Chandramouli – Times of India". Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Karthik and Gautham Karthik to join hands for a thriller".
- "Regina Cassandra, Varalakshmi Sarathkumar join Thiru's next with Karthik and Gautham". 7 October 2017.
- "Two National Award-winning directors in Mr Chandramouli – Times of India".
- "Karthik-Gautham Karthik' film titled 'Mr. Chandramouli'". Archived from the original on 10 October 2017.
- "Mr.Chandramouli starts rolling from today!".
- "'I remember gathering around the pot and singing aloud on Pongal' - Times of India".
- "Regina Cassandra dubs for the first time in Tamil".
- "Regina dubs own voice for the first time". 5 May 2018.
- "Mr. Chandramouli (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- "'Mr Chandramouli': The audio of the Gautham Karthik-starrer to release on April 25". The Times of India.
- "Mr. Chandramouli by Sam CS". Saavn.
- "Suriya's sister Brindha debuts as a singer in Mr Chandramouli - Times of India".
- "Confirmed: Gautham Karthik-starrer 'Mr. Chandramouli' to release on July 6 – Times of India". The Times of India. 28 May 2018. Retrieved 11 June 2018.