|Genre||web series, arthouse, philosophy|
|Directed by||Vladimir Ponomarev|
|Voices of||Vadim Demchog, Scott Greer|
|Country of origin||Russia|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||32 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||≈ 3 min|
|Picture format||HDTV 720p|
|First shown in||September 21, 2009|
|Original release||March 6, 2010|
Mr. Freeman is a Russian animated web series named after its main character. The series appeared on YouTube on September 21, 2009 and got considerable popularity in Runet. The main content of the series is monologues which in a harsh manner criticize the lifestyle of modern everyman. As of May, 2017 there are 22 episodes published, with a total of 37 uploads to the channel. The total number of views is more than 76 million.
The earliest five episodes were dubbed by the Russian actor Vadim Demchog. On November 14, 2010 Demchog officially announced his immediate relation to the project. After that, the production of new episodes temporarily ceased, but on January 11, 2011 a new video was released. Since the episode "Me?" Vadim Demchog dubs the series again.
A possible prototype of the series is believed to be the main character of "Franky-show", broadcast from 2003 to 2011 on the Silver Rain Radio, which is also dubbed by exactly Vadim Demchog, and the script writer of some episodes is Pavel Muntyan. Many episodes of the program have been transferred to the cartoon, for example, the text of the ending of the episode "Franky-show. Cicciolina" is almost completely identical to the third episode of Mr. Freeman's "Part 03. Will Sell Myself Expensive".
In June 2018 Mr. Freeman announced the foundation of Virtual State of Freeland.
General synopsis and subject
The animated series contains many symbols and hints. For example, Freeman may appear as a shape containing the stereotypical traits of some specific individuals or social groups (for example, while saying "I've placed everything under my will", Freeman is standing on a pedestal in a cap-cornered hat, holding his hand at the chest level). There are also hidden frames in the series, which contain elements of a larger image. In addition, there are details, insignificant at first glance, such as numbers 21.12.12 into which the ECG transforms in the first episode, which are the estimated date of completion of the current era according to the Maya calendar. These and many other details nourish many versions about the identity of Freeman and his goals.
Within the end of 2010 and early 2011 translations of two episodes of the animated series appeared on the Internet, in the English and Ukrainian And Kazakh languages. English and Kazakh dubs was made by starting Kazakh actor Bulat Dzhumashev. In 2015 four episodes were translated into English (most of the episodes) and published on YouTube, voiced by American actor Scott Greer, adopted by Michael Mennies and Jeffrey Hylton.
List of episodes
|Part #||Date||Original tagline ‹See Tfd›(in Russian)||Translated tagline||Subtitles available||Dubbings available||Link|
|00||September 21, 2009||А ты уверен в том, кто ты такой, и что ты существуешь?||Are you sure who you are and that you exist?||Russian, English, German, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|64||October 6, 2009||Где угодно и когда угодно...||Anywhere and anytime...||Russian, English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|63||October 21, 2009||Ты слишком блондин!||You are too blond!||Russian, English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|03||November 17, 2009||Продамся дорого||Sell myself expensive||English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|04||December 20, 2009||«Плодитесь, коровы, жизнь коротка» © ГГМ||“Go forth and multiply, cows, life is short” © GGM||English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|05||December 30, 2009||Новый год?||New Year?||English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|06||February 15, 2010||Местоимение Я пишется с большой буквы!||“I” is spelled with a capital Letter||Russian, English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|58||February 27, 2010||Что стало с твоей мечтой?||What has happened to your dream?||English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|57||March 22, 2010||Что из себя представляют твои знания?||What is your knowledge?||English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|49||March 30, 2010||Глубокое погружение. Итак, начнем...||Deep immersion. Let's start...||English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|24||July 7, 2010||Что есть ваш бог?||What is your god?||English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|32||September 20, 2010||Раз в тысячу лет||Once in a thousand years||English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|40||January 11, 2011||Здравствуй, социальная шизофрения!||Welcome to the social schizophrenia!||English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|48||January 31, 2011||Я?||Me?||English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|09||June 28, 2011||И чо?||So what?||English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|01||October 11, 2011||Открытое письмо Президенту||An open letter to the President||Greek||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|02||November 10, 2011||А ты игрок?||Are you a gambler?||English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English, Ukrainian||on YouTube|
|62||March 6, 2012||Обратного пути уже нет!||There is no return!||Russian, English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English||on YouTube|
|61||August 16, 2012||Мантра: Чёрный Бог и Белый Бог||Mantra: Black God and White God||English, Greek, Hebrew||Russian, English||on YouTube|
|60||June 3, 2014||Покупательная способность||Purchasing ability||Russian, English, Greek||Russian||on YouTube|
|59||May 18, 2017||Совесть||Conscience||Russian, English, French, Greek, Polish||Russian||on YouTube|
|07||March 14, 2018||Ода||Ode||Russian, English, Greek||Russian||on YouTube|
|Part #||Date||Original tagline ‹See Tfd›(in Russian)||Translated tagline||Link|
|15-001||August 2, 2011||Какая валюта самая главная?||Which currency is the most important?||on YouTube|
|15-823||August 9, 2011||А кто ты на самом деле?||Who you really are?||on YouTube|
|15-821||August 16, 2011||Кто из вас никогда не брал чужого?||Which one of you has never stolen?||on YouTube|
|15-809||August 23, 2011||А ты замечаешь перемены?||Do you notice the changes?||on YouTube|
|15-811||August 30, 2011||А ты мне веришь?||Do you trust me?||on YouTube|
|15-797||September 6, 2011||Осознание своего рабства — первый шаг к свободе!||Recognition of your own slavery is the first step towards freedom!||on YouTube|
|15-019||September 13, 2011||Проведём эксперимент?||Let's run an experiment?||on YouTube|
|15-029||September 20, 2011||А вы рожать собираетесь?||Are you going to give birth?||on YouTube|
|15-313||September 27, 2011||А чем балуешься ты?||What do you indulge in?||on YouTube|
|15-031||October 4, 2011||А ты хочешь чтобы Я стал богатым?||Do you want me to become rich?||on YouTube|
|Date||Original tagline ‹See Tfd›(in Russian)||Translated tagline||Link|
|June 23, 2010||Mr. Freeman — выступление на Трансперсональном Конгрессе 2010||Mr. Freeman on 17th International Transpersonal Conference 2010||Mr. Freeman on 17th International Transpersonal Conference on Vimeo|
|March 31, 2011||MF-walking on by||MF-walking on by||MF-walking on by on Vimeo|
|August 12, 2012||Монолог с презентации 12 августа 2012||Mr. Freeman monologue presentation 12 August 2012||(audio) Mr. Freeman monologue presentation 12 August 2012|
|December 21, 2012||00:00:00||00:00:00||on YouTube|
|April 22, 2018||MF Ode, Making Of||MF Ode, Making Of||on YouTube|
- On April 15, 2010 in Berlin at the international Weblog competition The Best of Blogs the blog "Mr. Freeman" was voted Best Videoblog.
- All episodes except for Part 0 have two identical frames containing a hidden piece of some puzzle.
- On March 31, 2011 at 18:30 on the official site a video "Walking on by" appeared, in which Mr. Freeman rips the heart out of Mirax Plaza and takes it himself. At the same time the company Mirax turned off a 10-meter heart, which had been beating in that building for two years as an advertising campaign of Mirax "The heart of the city."
- May 31, 2010 in Moscow took premiere of part 49 at 3, Bolotnaya naberezhnaya, with the support of «Cyberbrothers».
- On June 15, 2010 Mr. Freeman appeared on the television. Episodes are broadcast on channel 2x2 every Monday and Friday at midnight.
- On June 23, 2010 at the 17th transpersonal congress a welcoming performance was organized for members of the congress by Mr.Freeman.
- Mr. Freeman at 2x2tv.ru
- Yuliya Eydel (January 5, 2010). "Умница Mr. Freeman" [Clever Mr. Freeman] (in Russian). Частный Корреспондент. Retrieved August 9, 2011.
- Semyon Kvasha (November 6, 2009). я не проповедник, я голос [i'm not a preacher, i am voice] (in Russian). F5. Retrieved August 9, 2011.
- "mrfreeman0 YouTube profile on Social Blade". Social Blade. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- Передача "Попутчики" / Воскресенье, 14.11.2010: Вадим Демчог (in Russian). Радиостанция «Эхо Москвы». November 14, 2010. Retrieved August 9, 2011.
- Sergey Yefimov (November 16, 2010). Мистер Фримен: "Что ты сотворил, кроме г…на?!" [Mr. Freeman: "What have you created but shit?"] (in Russian). Комсомольская правда. Retrieved August 9, 2011.
- Letter of the general director of Silver Rain Radio LLC, D. V. Savitsky
- Franky-show, August 9 on the official blog of Palev Muntyan
- Where does Mr. Freeman come from (Franky-show, 2006)
- Mr. Freeman, part 3
- Mr. Freeman, part 0
- Mr. Freeman in the Ukrainian language
- Видеоролики MF on the official website
- В число лучших блогов в мире вошли три русскоязычных дневника
- Urgent! Mister Freeman's address - aired by CyberBrothers
- The 17th International Transpersonal Conference "Consciousness Revolution: Transpersonal Discoveries That Are Changing the World", Moscow, June 23 - 27, 2010