Mr. Krueger's Christmas
|Mr. Krueger's Christmas|
|Written by||E.F. Wallengren|
Michael H. McLean|
J. Scott Iverson
|Directed by||Kieth Merrill|
|Narrated by||Gordon Jump|
|Music by||William J. Evans|
|Country of origin||United States|
John G. Kinnear|
Stephen B. Allen
|Producer(s)||Michael H. McLean|
|Running time||26 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Bonneville Productions|
|Distributor||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
|Original release||December 21, 1980|
Mr. Krueger's Christmas is a 1980 American Christmas television special produced by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints starring James Stewart, directed by Kieth Merrill with story by Michael H. McLean and featuring the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was broadcast on NBC on December 21, 1980.
James Stewart plays Willy Krueger, a widowed apartment janitor who lives in a basement flat with his cat George. On a cold Christmas Eve, he daydreams to escape his lonely life: he muses about being a man of culture and means, an ice dance at Temple Square, a sleigh ride, as well as the conductor of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and also imagines himself in the stable with Mary, Joseph and the infant Jesus.
- James Stewart as Willy Krueger
- Beverly Rowland as Lead Caroller
- Kamee Aliessa as Clarissa
- Tamara Fowler as Clarissa's mother
- Tyson Lewis as Baby Jesus
- Gordon Jump as Narrator
- Hall, Airen (October 2012). "Melodrama on a Mission: Latter-Day Saint Film and the Melodramatic Mode". Journal of Religion and Film. 16 (2): 19–22.
- D'Arc, James V. (2010). When Hollywood came to town: a history of moviemaking in Utah (1st ed.). Layton, Utah: Gibbs Smith. ISBN 9781423605874.
- "Mr. Krueger's Christmas". Mormon Literature & Creative Arts Database.
- Mr. Krueger's Christmas on IMDb
- Mr. Kruegers Christmas on YouTube from the Mormon Channel
|This article related to a made-for-TV Christmas film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|