|Slogan||"Fast Forwarding to the Good Parts"|
Type of site
|Registration||Optional (previews only)|
|Launched||August 10, 1999|
Mr. Skin is a website that specializes in locating, posting and rating instances of female nudity in television and film. Founded in August 1999, Mr. Skin is also the nickname of the company's chief executive, whose real name is Jim McBride. As of 2007[update], MrSkin.com attracted more than seven million visitors per month.
After an appearance on The Howard Stern Show in 2000, McBride became a regular guest, ultimately producing a "Mr. Skin Minute" that continues to air every Thursday as part of Stern's Sirius Satellite Radio program. You can listen to him every other Wednesday at 9:40 am on The Rude Awakening Show on WOCM. Other radio shows that have featured Mr. Skin include Lex and Terry, Tom Leykis, The Adam Carolla Show, Loveline, Steve Dahl, Opie and Anthony, Kidd Chris, The Bob & Tom Show, The World Famous Frank Show, Todd and Tyler, The Regular Guys, The Jeff O'Neil Show, "The Free Beer and Hot Wings Show" and a weekly call in to the BS on Real Radio 104.1 in Orlando, Florida. He also appeared numerous times on the The Drew and Mike Show on WRIF radio in Detroit. Mr. Skin is on every Thursday on The Playboy Morning Show TV and Web Audio and video Streaming on Playboy TV.
In 2007, MrSkin.com was referenced in Judd Apatow's comedy, Knocked Up, which was discussed in a New York Times Business section feature which detailed MrSkin.com's history, its prominence in Knocked Up, and the site's positive relationship with Hollywood companies as a marketing tool. In the article, interviewer Andrew Newman wrote that "[T]he movie studios not only tolerate Mr. McBride but also court him by sending advance screeners of DVD releases."
St. Martin's Press published the nudity guidebook Mr. Skin's Skincyclopedia: The A to Z Guide to Finding Your Favorite Actresses Naked in 2005.
Mr. Skin's Skintastic Video Guide: The 501 Greatest Movies for Sex and Nudity on DVD was published in the fall of 2007.
- "Mr.skin Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- Elder, Robert (2007-09-27). "The Two Worlds of Mr. Skin". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2009-09-12.
- Nichols, Michelle (2007-09-17). ""Mr. Skin" cashes in on obsession with naked women". Reuters. Retrieved 2009-09-12.
- Newman, Andrew (2007-07-23). "Site That Bills Itself as a Movie Reviewer Finds That Sex Sells". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-09-12.
- Gray, Lila (2013-10-11). "Mr. Skin Launches Male Nudity Site, Mr. Man". Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- Gray, Lila (2013-10-11). "Fangoria and Mr. Skin Partner for New NSFW Column, "Flesh and Blood"!". Retrieved 2013-11-23.
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|