Mr. Yoga Daniel Lacerda
February 11, 1985 (age 32–33)
|Occupation||author, yoga teacher|
In 2015, Hachette Book Group published a book by Lacerda, called Mr. Yoga's 2,100 Asanas. It features 2,100 yoga poses (Asanas) photographed in colour by the author. All the poses in the book are demonstrated by Lacerda's yoga students. Mr. Yoga's 2,100 Asanas became a Toronto Star bestseller, Indie Healthy Living bestseller, was mentioned on Vanity Fair (magazine) Hot Type list, as well as making The New York Times bestsellers list.
Lacerda began his yoga studies in India under the Hindu Monk Dada Hari Krishnamacharya. He states that has catalogued many yoga poses mentioned in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika. Lacerda states further that the 2,100 Asanas of the first edition will be increased to "50,000 Asanas" in the second edition.
- "Feeling flexible? Here are 2,100 yoga poses". Washington Post. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- "Das Mega-Projekt: 2100 Asanas von Mr. Yoga - Yoga Journal". Yoga Journal (in German). 2016-04-16. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- "Best Sellers - The New York Times". www.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- "Bestsellers | Toronto Star". thestar.com. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- "The Indie Healthy Living Bestseller List | American Booksellers Association". www.bookweb.org. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- Vanity Fair Hot Type List, http://sigliopress.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Vanity-Fair-Hot-Type.pdf
|This article about a Canadian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|