Mr Little Jeans
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Mr Little Jeans|
|Birth name||Monica Birkenes|
|Genres||Indie pop, synthpop|
|Labels||Neon Gold Records, Harvest Records|
Monica Birkenes, better known by her stage name Mr Little Jeans (also stylized Mr. Little Jeans), is a Norwegian singer-songwriter living in Los Angeles, CA. She has released one studio album, ''Pocketknife'' (2014).
Birkenes grew up in rural Grimstad, Norway, the daughter of a shipbuilder and secretary. In her youth she performed in town plays and musical events, as well as church choirs and retirement homes. At age 18 she moved to London to study drama while waitressing to make ends meet.
After signing to independent label Neon Gold, Birkenes released her first single "Rescue Song" in 2010. The Guardian compared her sound at the time to Lykke Li, Robyn, and Annie. Later that year she put out her first EP entitled "Angel EP." Birkenes grew in popularity with her 2011 cover of Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs." She often collaborates with Los Angeles producer Tim Anderson, who was instrumental in creating her debut album, Pocketknife. The record was released on Harvest Records on March 25, 2014.
- Pocketknife (2014)
- F E V E R S - EP (2016)
- "Bio". mrlittlejeansmusic.com. Retrieved 2015-07-29.
- "Mr Little Jeans". Discogs. Retrieved 2015-07-29.
- "Mr. Little Jeans". Last.fm. Retrieved 2015-07-29.
- "Mr Little Jeans: Pocketknife". Retrieved 2015-07-29.
- Lester, Paul. "New band of the day – No 906: Mr Little Jeans". the Guardian. Retrieved 2015-07-29.
- "Mr. Little Jeans - The Suburbs (Arcade Fire Cover)". Retrieved 2015-07-29.
- "Pocketknife - Mr. Little Jeans | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-07-29.
- "Album Review: Mr Little Jeans - Pocketknife". Retrieved 2015-07-29.
|This article about a Norwegian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|