Mr Mulliner Speaking
Mr Mulliner Speaking is a collection of nine short stories by P. G. Wodehouse. It was first published in the United Kingdom on April 30, 1929 by Herbert Jenkins, and in the United States on February 21, 1930 by Doubleday, Doran.
All stories are narrated by the inexorable Mr Mulliner about members of his prodigious family, including one who is also a member of the Drones Club. The last three of the stories are about Bobbie Wickham; they were revised and given a Mr Mulliner frame for the book.
- "The Reverent Wooing of Archibald"
- "The Man Who Gave Up Smoking"
- UK: Strand, March 1929
- US: Liberty, 23 March 1929
- "The Story of Cedric"
- UK: Strand, May 1929
- US: Liberty, 11 May 1929
- "The Ordeal of Osbert Mulliner"
- UK: Strand, December 1928
- US: Liberty, 24 November 1928
- "Unpleasantness at Bludleigh Court"
- UK: Strand, February 1929
- US: Liberty, 2 February 1929
- "Those in Peril on the Tee"
- UK: Strand, June 1927
- US: Liberty, 21 May 1927
- "Something Squishy"
- UK: Strand, January 1925
- US: Saturday Evening Post, 20 December 1924
- "The Awful Gladness of the Mater"
- UK: Strand, May 1925
- US: Saturday Evening Post, 21 March 1925
- "The Passing of Ambrose"
- UK: Strand, July 1928
- US: Cosmopolitan, August 1928
- Meet Mr Mulliner (1927) and Mulliner Nights (1933) - Two other collections of Mulliner stories
- "Blandings Castle and Elsewhere"-Half Blandings and half Mr Mulliner
- List of short stories by P. G. Wodehouse, categorised by series
References and sources
- Midkiff, Neil. "The Wodehouse short stories". P. G. Wodehouse pages.
- Wodehouse, P. G. (1929). Mr Mulliner Speaking. New York: The Overlook Press. pp. 8–231. ISBN 1-58567-659-4.
- "Mr Mulliner Speaking". The Russian Wodehouse Society. Retrieved 2005-07-04.