Mr Nigeria is a male pageant which selects contestants to compete at Mister World. Although ran by several organisers in previous decades, the current franchise holder is Silverbird Group who also organise Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria.
The criteria for the competition includes Nigerian citizenship and at least a WAEC certificate, with the age limit being 18–25. Catwalk experience is also preferred, but not necessary. Prizes for the winner vary each year, but have always included cash; as of 2014, it stands at N1,000,000, and some winners have also received a car.
While Mr Nigeria is not as popular or consistent as MBGN, representatives from the Silverbird version have performed notably better than their female counterparts at international level, with three of its four winners placing at Mister World. Its biggest achievement to date was in 2014 when Emmanuel Ikubese emerged first runner-up at Mister World 2014 behind Danish carpenter Nicklas Pedersen.
Title holders (Silverbird edition)
|Year||Title Holder||International level|
|2007||Bryan Okwara||Semi finalist, Mister World 2007|
|2010||Kenneth Okolie||Second runner-up, Mister World 2010|
|2012||Deji Bakare ||Mister World not held|
|2014||Emmanuel Ikubese||First runner-up, Mister World 2014; Mister World Fashion and Style 2014; Sport event winner (Sailing team)|
- Nelson Enwerem declared Mr Nigeria
- "Photos From The Mr Nigeria 2011 Pageant - Nigerian Entertainment Today - Nigeria's Top Website for News, Gossip, Comedy, Videos, Blogs, Events, Weddings, Nollywood, Celebs, Scoop and Games". Nigerian Entertainment Today - Nigeria's Top Website for News, Gossip, Comedy, Videos, Blogs, Events, Weddings, Nollywood, Celebs, Scoop and Games. 2011-11-10. Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- My Crush on Rita Dominic
- My Physique Attracts Women to Me Archived 2015-05-30 at the Wayback Machine
- I knew Nothing Could Stop Me Winning Mr Nigeria
- As Mr. Nigeria, ladies always stalk me –Bakare Archived 2014-11-30 at the Wayback Machine
- Nigeria’s Emmanuel Ikubese emerges most stylish man in the world •Ist runner-up Mr World 2014[permanent dead link]