This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Nominated MP of the Rajya Sabha|
29 June 2012 to 21 March 2016
|Preceded by||Ram Dayal Munda, INC|
1 August 1940|
From 1970 to 1974 he was a Lecturer in Philosophy at St. Stephen's College under the University of Delhi, before moving to NEHU. Mrinal also served as the Director of the Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla, from 1993 to 1999. He was nominated as a member of Rajya Sabha on 21 March 2012.
He has been awarded a Padma Bhushan for his contribution in the field of education and literature. He was a member of the National Advisory Council established by the Manmohan Singh UPA I government. He is a member of the council set up for the implementation of RTE act also called as NAC.
He is married to Sujata Miri, a fellow philosopher.
- The Place of Humanities in Our Universities (ed), Routledge, 2018 (ISBN 978-1-138-10638-3)
- The Idea of Surplus: Tagore and Contemporary Human Sciences (ed), Routledge, New Delhi, 2016 (ISBN 978-1-138-63991-1)
- Philosophy and Education, Oxford University Press, 2014 (ISBN 0-19-945276-8)
- Identity and the Moral life, Oxford University Press, 2002 ISBN 0-19-566064-1
- Tribal India: Continuity and Change (Ed), Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla, 1993
- Five Essays on Kant (Ed), North Eastern Hill University, 1987
- Philosophy of Psychoanalysis, Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla, 1997.
|This Indian academic-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|