Mt. Ennon Baptist Church
Since 2004, Reverend Delman Coates has been Senior Pastor, increasing membership of the church to above 8,000 congregants.
The ministry's stated mission is to be fully committed to developing believers to live victorious Christian lives through a personal, authentic relationship with God. As a church, Mt. Ennon also strives to impact the culture by becoming agents of social and civic change through furthering the cause of justice in the world today. The church has engaged in media and healthcare reform advocacy.
Mt. Ennon embraces the vision to be "A Caring, Christ-Centered, Community Church, with a Kingdom Agenda." As a reflection of that vision, the church has incorporated the Mt. Ennon Development Corporation for social service and community outreach initiatives. The spiritual foundation of the church is experienced through relevant preaching and teaching, reverent worship, innovative ministry, and a focus on congregational care.
Pastor Delman Coates is a graduate of Morehouse College (B.A. in Religion, 1995), Harvard Divinity School (Master of Divinity, 1998), Columbia University (Master of Philosophy in Religion, 2002), and Columbia University (Ph.D. in New Testament & Early Christianity, 2006).
Under the leadership of Delman Coates, there is a church-wide initiative in the areas of spiritual, service, and substance growth. He is committed to a ministry of spiritual renewal, social justice, and community revitalization.
- "The 2009 Outreach 100". Outreach Magazine.
- Harris, Hamil R. (17 January 2008). "Group Brings BET Protest To Network's Awards Show". The Washington Post.
- "Clinton Church Rallies for National Health Care Reform". Gazette.Net.
- "About Our Pastor". Mt. Ennon - Official Site.
- "Enough Is Enough Campaign". Official Site.
- "Has The Fly Jock Crashed?". PR Newswire.
- "Maryland Pastor Opposes Gaming Legislation in Prince George's County". PR Newswire.
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|