Mtito Andei Airport
|Mtito Andei Airport|
|Airport type||Public, Civilian|
|Owner||Kenya Airports Authority|
|Serves||Mtito Andei, Kenya|
|Location||Mtito Andei, Kenya|
|Elevation AMSL||2,398 ft / 731 m|
Mtito Andei Airport is an airport in Kenya.
The airport, (IATA: n/a, ICAO: HKMT) is located in Makueni County, in the town of Mtito Andei, in southeastern Kenya, close to the International border with the Republic of Tanzania. The airport lies at the edge of Tsavo East National Park.
Its location is approximately 221 kilometres (137 mi), by air, southeast of Nairobi International Airport, the country’s largest civilian airport. The geographic coordinates of this airport are:2° 42' 0.00"N, 38° 10' 27.00"E (Latitude:-2.700000; Longitude:38.174166).
Mtito Andei Airport is a small airport that serves the town of Mtito Andei and the adjacent Tsavo National Park. At the moment, there is no scheduled airline service to this airport. Situated 731 metres (2,398 ft) above sea level, the airport has a single unpaved runway that measures 1,400 metres (4,600 ft) in length.
Airlines and destinations
At the moment there are no regular, scheduled airline services to Mtito Airport.
- "Distance between Mtito Andei (Eastern) and Jomo Kenyatta Airport Nairobi (Nairobi Area) (Kenya)". distancecalculator.globefeed.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "Site Weather Station HKMT in Mtito Andei|Mttto Andei Airport, EA, Kenya". CWOP Weather. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "Airports in Kenya". www.aircraft-charter-world.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- Location of Mtito Andei Airport At Google Maps
- Website of Kenya Airports Authority
- Airkenya Flight Routes