Mud Butte, South Dakota
|Elevation||2,871 ft (875 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1256574|
Mud Butte is a former village, now a diffuse unincorporated community, located in northern Meade County, South Dakota, United States. It roughly lies along U.S. Route 212, 55 miles northeast of the city of Sturgis. Its elevation is 2,871 feet (875 m). It lies within ZIP code 57758, which is served by the post office at Opal.
- "Mud Butte, South Dakota". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2008-03-04.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '05. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2005, p. 93.
- Zip Code Lookup
- Federal Writers' Project (1938). The WPA Guide to South Dakota. WPA. p. 241. ISBN 978-0-87351-552-8.
- Thompson, George E. (1 July 2009). You Live Where?: Interesting and Unusual Facts about where We Live. iUniverse. p. 340. ISBN 978-1-4401-3421-0.
- Dinosaur Skeleton Excavated. Toledo Blade. 27 December 1981. p. 11.
|This South Dakota state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|