Mud Islands Game Reserve
|Mud Islands Game Reserve|
IUCN category VI (protected area with sustainable use of natural resources)
|Nearest town or city||Goolwa|
|Established||1 January 1968|
|Area||125 ha (310 acres)|
|Managing authorities||Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Mud Islands Game Reserve is a protected area in South Australia covering ten islands at the southern side of Lake Alexandrina about 19 kilometres (12 miles) south-east of Goolwa. The game reserve is described as providing ‘an ideal habitat for water birds, particularly waterfowl’ and that ‘duck shooting is permitted during open season.’ The game reserve is classified as an IUCN Category VI protected area. Since 2000, the game reserve has been located within the boundaries of the gazetted locality, Coorong.
- "Protected Areas Information System - reserve list (as of 25 November 2014)" (PDF). Department of Environment Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Mud Islands Game Reserve". Gazetteer of Australia online. Geoscience Australia, Australian Government.
- "Register of the National Estate (Non-statutory archive), Mud Islands Game Reserve, Lake Alexandrina via Goolwa, SA, Australia". Commonwealth of Australia (C of A), Department of the Environment. 21 October 1980. Retrieved 10 January 2015.
- Boating Industry Association of South Australia (BIA); South Australia. Department for Environment and Heritage (2005), South Australia's waters an atlas & guide, Boating Industry Association of South Australia, pp. 4, 11 & 18, ISBN 978-1-86254-680-6
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (see 'DETAIL' tab)". CAPAD 2012. Australian Government - Department of the Environment. 6 February 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "Search result for "COORONG (LOCB)" (Record no SA0049955) with the following layers selected - "Suburbs and Localities" and "Local Government Areas"". Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
|This South Australia protected areas related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This protected areas-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This South Australia geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|