This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mugdha Veira Godse
Godse at the Society Achievers Awards 2018
|Born||26 July 1986 |
Mugdha Veira Godse is an Indian actress and model who appears in Bollywood films. A former model, Godse was a semi-finalist at the Femina Miss India 2004 competition. She made her acting debut in Madhur Bhandarkar's 2008 film, Fashion. She was one of the judges in a Marathi reality show, Marathi Paul Padte Pudhe. Mugdha completed her B.Com from Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Commerce, Pune.
Early life and modeling career
Mugdha was born in 1986 in a small middle-class family in Pune, She did her schooling from Marathi medium school named Nutan Marathi Vidyalaya, Sadashiv Peth, Maharashtra. She has one sister named Madhura. During her early days, Godse sold oil and only earned Rs.100 a day. She then started working out in the gym and participated in local beauty contests. In 2002, she participated and won the Gladrags Mega Model Hunt. In 2004, Godse took part in the biggest modeling contest in India, the Femina Miss India contest. She reached the semi-finals and won the Miss Perfect Ten title. She then moved to Mumbai and started modeling.
She has to her credit the Airtel commercial where she shared screen space with Shah Rukh Khan and the Close-Up toothpaste commercial among the many she has done so far. She has spent over five years in the modelling field, doing press ads, music videos, commercials and walking the runway at national and international ramps. She appeared in the Hindi film Fashion. It was directed by Madhur Bhandarkar and has Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut and Arbaaz Khan alongside her. She received loads of praise for her performance — in her debut she has made a sensational mark.
She has also appeared in a commercial for Hollandia Yoghurt. She has been recently honored with Global Cinema Award of 8th Global Film Festival Noida by Sandeep Marwah of Asian Academy of Film & Television.
Godse made her Bollywood debut with the film Fashion (2008), alongside Priyanka Chopra and Kangana Ranaut. She was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut and won the Apsara Award for Best Female Debutante.
In 2009, Godse appeared in two films, All The Best, and Jail. Her film, Help opposite Bobby Deol, was released on 13 August 2010. The films Gali Gali Chor Hai was released in February 2012 and Will You Marry Me? was released in March 2012. Godse and boyfriend Rahul Dev appeared in Power Couple reality show.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2008||Fashion||Janet Sequeira||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut|
|2009||All the Best: Fun Begins||Vidya / Jhanvi|
|2010||Help||Pia Alves / Dia Alves|
|2011||Oh God! Saare Hain Fraud||Pinky|
|2012||Gali Gali Chor Hai||Amita|
|2012||Will You Marry Me?||Sneha|
|2013||Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns||Herself||Special Appearance in item song Media Se|
|2013||Satyagraha – Democracy Under Fire||Malini Mishra||Cameo|
|2015||Kaagaz Ke Fools||Nikki|
|2015||Thani Oruvan||Shilpa||Tamil film|
|2015||Ishq Ne Crazy Kiya Re||TBA||Filming|
|TBA||Pagal Kar Diya Toone|
|2019||Sharmaji Ki Lag Gai||Shobha||Hindi film|
|TV Show||Role||Year||TV Channel|
|Marathi Paul Padate Pudhe||Judge||2011||Zee Marathi|
|Comedy Nights with Kapil||Guest||2014||Colors (TV channel)|
|Khatron Ke Khiladi||Contestant||2014||Colors (TV channel)|
|Power Couple||Contestant||2015||Sony Entertainment Television (India)|
- Participated and won the Gladrags Mega Model Contest in 2002. She also won the Miss Body Beautiful 2002 title in the same event.
- Participated in the Ponds Femina Miss India 2004 contest. Won the Miss Perfect 10 Title.
- Participated in Best Model of the World 2002. Won award for the Best National Costume as Miss India.
- Koka Tera Koka (Jassi — T-series)
- Mauja Len De (Daler Mehndi — T-series)
- Two Punjabi videos[which?] (T-series)
- Main Tujhse Milne Aayi Mandir Jaane Ke Bahane (Musicurry - Times Music)
- Le Kar Hum Deewana Dil (Times Music)
- Chhup Chhup Khade Ho (Jagdish Mali — Times Music)
- Jab Chaye Mera Jadoo (with Irfan Pathan — Sony Music)
Awards and nominations
|2009||Fashion||Filmfare Award||Filmfare Best Female Debut Award||Nominated|||
|2009||Fashion||Star Screen Award||Star Screen Award Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2009||Fashion||Apsara Awards||Apsara Awards Best Female Debut||Won|
|2009||Fashion||Stardust Awards||Stardust Breakthrough Performance – Female||Nominated|
|2009||Fashion||MaTa Sanman Award||Best Debutant- Female||Won|||
|2010||Jail||Stardust Awards||Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow – Female||Won|||
|2010||All The Best: Fun Begins||Stardust Awards||Stardust Breakthrough Performance – Female||Nominated|||
- Loksatta team (26 July 2017). "'ही' प्रसिद्ध अभिनेत्री एकेकाळी पेट्रोल पंपावर करायची काम" (in Marathi). Loksatta. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- "MugdhaGodseOfficial". Facebook. 16 April 2018. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- Shaheen Parkar (16 February 2016). "Mugdha: That used to be my hangout!". Mid Day. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- Nithya Ramani (1 June 2009). "'Life has been good after Fashion'". Rediff.com. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- ANI (19 September 2016). "Mugdha Godse Walked the Ramp for Satomi at India Runway Week". Business Standard. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- "05 hollandia yoghurt 3flavs - YouTube". YouTube. 23 February 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- Chaya Unnikrishnan (16 October 2015). "Mugdha Godse-Rahul Dev in Power Couple". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- Aparna Mudi (6 February 2014). "Zee Cine Awards 2014: Complete list of nominations". Zee News. Retrieved 16 April 2018.