This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Mugdha Bhagwan Vaishampayan|
|Born||April 5, 2000|
|Origin||Alibag, Maharashtra, India|
|Genres||Indian classical music|
Mugdha Vaishampayan (born April 5, 2000) was one of the finalists in the Marathi championship of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Marathi L'il Champs, which aired on Zee Marathi television between July 2008 and February 2009. She was referred to as "Little Monitor".
In 2009 & 2010 Mugdha appeared in many stage shows and public events, and her career currently extends to music albums, playback for movies and TV serials, media commercials, reality show anchoring, promotional campaigns for leading Newspapers, and performing in her solo singing programs.
Mugdha was born in Alibag, the daughter of Bhagwan and Bhagyashree Vaishampayan. Mugdha's ability to sing was identified by her father when she was 2 years old, and she received formal training in fundamental music from Sunil Mhatre, Sheetal Kunte, Anuradha Velankar and Bhagwan Vaishampayan. After her run in Idea Sa Re Ga Ma Little Champs, her name became familiar to the residents of Maharashtra. The people of Konkan call her "रायगड कन्या" (Daughter of Raigad).
Idea Sa Re Ga Ma Little Champs
In 2008, Mugdha first auditioned for Idea Sa Re Ga Ma Little Champs, a competitive music reality show produced Zee Marathi television channel. She became one of 50 finalists chosen from among several thousand age 8 to 14 children from Maharashtra, and ended as one of the top 5 finalists overall. On the show she was known as "The Little Monitor".
During the course of the competition, Mugdha was awarded with the title "Raigad Bhushan" by Raigad Zillha Parishad, and is one of the youngest persons to have received such award from any elected Government body.
Mugdha was cast as a lead playback singer for daily soap Kashi being broadcast on NDTV Imagine This marked the first time she sang a Hindi song, as well as her first assignment as a playback singer on television.
Her song was recorded in March 2010 and featured in several episodes as a theme song.
In April 2010, sang a playback for Marathi films when Nandu Ghanekar offered her a song in Balaji Telefilm's first Marathi movie named Taaryaanche Bayt (Marathi: तार्यांचे बेट} (The Island of stars). Her song "Kamaal aahe" is the main song of the film which is getting released on 14-April-2011.
Mugdha has also contributed to Marathi movie Let's Go Back where in June 2010 she sang Bigi Bigi. She recorded the title track for Let's Go Back in July 2010.
In May 2011, Mugdha recorded foot tapping title song for the movie "Ya gol gol dabyatala". This film was released in 2012.
Mugdha contributed to Marathi Movie Chintamani released in 2014, she sang ″Kadhitari Kuthetari″ along with Amruta Subhash.
She did major contribution as a playback singer in the film Ubuntu which was released in Sep. 2017.
In November 2010, Mugdha became a brand ambassador for the "Jungle Book" contest of the Marathi daily newspaper Lokmat, and has been cast as leading ambassador for the Marathi Home Calmanac Kalnirnay (Marathi: कालनिर्णय). Commercials featuring Mugdha began airing in November 2010 on all Marathi Television channels.
Mugdha has performed her art for events including
- Swar Tarang Mumbai Police Kalyan Melava. in Kalyan 2008
- Vasantotsav – Musical concert arranged in Pune every year by Rahul Deshpande in memory of his legendary grandfather Pandit Vasantrao Deshpande. 2008.
- Zee Gaurav Puraskar 2009.
- Shrimant Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Music Festival April 2009.
- Little Champs Live Shows in many cities like Mumbai, Panvel, Pune, Sangli, Aurangabad, Goa, Ratnagiri, Thane, Nagpur etc. and at international venues like Dubai. These are runaway popular shows arranged by Zee Marathi where Mugdha performs with four other Little Champs Aarya Ambekar, Prathamesh Laghate, Rohit Raut and Kartiki Gaikwad in a perfect sync. This group is known as ‘Panch-Ratna’ (पंचरत्न).
- As a celebrity guest in 'SaReGaMa - Punha Nave, Swapna Swaranche'season 7. October 2009
- Live performance in the devotional programme arranged in the presence of Bhagvan Shri Sathya Sai Baba in Sai Ashram at village Hadshi, near Pune. October 2009
- Live performance in Dr. Salil Kulkarni and Sandeep Khare's famous program Ayushyavar Bolu Kahi at allibaug on 3 oct 2009
- Live performance in the special programme arranged on the occasion of Birthday of Bhagvan Shri Sathya Sai Baba in Sai Ashram at Puttaparthi. November 2009
- Shrimant Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Music Festival March 2010.
- Live performance along with Lata Mangeshkar in special function organized by ShivSena on occasion of the Golden Jubilee Year of Maharashtra State on Maharashtra Din
- Diwali Special Musical Concert - Nashik 2010
- Saatpur Special Program
- From November 2010, Mugdha has set out on a promotional tour for the "Jungle Book Contest" of Marathi leading daily Lokmat. She along with other two artists - Miss Owi Dixit (The winner of Dance Reality show) and Satyajit Padhye, a budding ventriloquist, puppeteer and puppet maker, are visiting schools in major cities of Maharashtra to campaign for "Jungle Book Contest".
- In the first leg of this promotional tour, they have covered school events in Nashik and Kolhapur
- As a chief guest and lead performer in Republic day celebration at Alibag beach. 3000 students took an oath to protect & preserve Indian Constitution in a spectacular program conducted by Mugdha. (January 2011)
- Nashik Festival - 2011
- Zee Marathi Official Website lists Mugdha's profile as an anchor for Season 2 of Little Champs
- Kashi NDTV Imagine Archived 2010-06-16 at the Wayback Machine.
- तार्यांचे बेट
- Mugdha's interview on movie playback
-  Archived July 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Zagmag interviews
-  Mugdha Becomes Brand Ambassador
- "Kalnirnay 2010, New year calendar, year 2010 calendar, Kalnirnaya, Kalnirnay indian calendar, Kalnirnay almanac, Marathi Calendar, Hindi Calendar, Gujrati calendar, India calendar, indian calendar, daily horoscope, Get free daily horoscope, Gujarati calendar, kannad Calendar, kannada Calendar, Telugu Calendar, Hindu Panchang, tithi, nakshtra, kundli, kunali, rashi Bhavishya, Panchang, Almanac, International Calmanac, Mobile Almanac, Astrology, Vedic Astrology, horoscope". Kalnirnay.com. 2011-01-07. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- "Vasantotsav". Archived from the original on 2012-09-14. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Shrimant Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Music Festival". Archived from the original on 2010-04-05. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- Dubai Performance Dubai Photos Archived 2009-06-19 at the Wayback Machine.
- Sai Baba's Visit to Pandurang Kshetra, Hadashi, Pune Mugdha Performing in front of Sathya Sai Baba
- Sai Baba's B'day at Puttaparthi
- "नाशिक दिवाळी पहाट". Archived from the original on 2011-07-10. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
- सातपूर सांजपाडवा
- [dead link]
- Launch of Jungle Book Contest
- [dead link]
- मुग्धाच्या नेतृत्वाखाली विद्यार्थ्यांनी घेतली भारतीय संविधानाची प्रतिज्ञा
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-05. Retrieved 2011-02-07. नाशिक फेस्टीव्हल २०११