|United Arab Emirates community|
|Country||United Arab Emirates|
|• Total||13 km2 (5 sq mi)|
|Population  (2000)|
|• Density||7,000/km2 (18,000/sq mi)|
- Madinat Muhaisnah (or Muhaisnah 1)
- Muhaisnah 2
- Muhaisnah 3
- Muhaisnah 4
Madinat Muhaisnah and Muhaisnah 2 are bounded to the west by route E 311 (Shaikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road) and to the east by route D 56, while Muhaisnah 3 and Muhaisnah 4 are bounded to the west by route D 60 (Al Rashidiya Road) and to the west by E 311. Al Muhaisnah is bordered by Al Qusais, Al Twar, Al Mizhar and Mirdif. With over 90,000 residents, Muhaisnah is the most populated community in Dubai.
Muhaisnah 2, 3 and 4 comprise an area that was once a burial ground. However, these sub-localities now house several collective labour accommodations and labour camps for the mainly South Asian labourers that service the industrial areas of Al Qusais, as well as construction workers who mainly support real estate projects south of Dubai Creek. This area is referred to as Sonapur (literally, Land of Gold in Hindi) by expatriate labourers. Recently, living conditions in the collective labour camps were criticised by Human Rights Watch, as being "less than human". As a result of the criticism, the Dubai government closed down 100 labour camps that failed to meet basic standards set by the Dubai Municipality
Schools in the area include:
- St. Mary's Catholic High School
- Gulf Model School
- Buds Public School
- Russian International School in Dubai
- Lycée Libanais Francophone Privé
- Existing Population and Future Holding Capacities in Dubai Urban Area. Dubai Healthcare City. 2000
- Dark side of Dubai's infrastructure boom. Gulf Times. 11 April 2006
- Building Towers, Cheating Workers. Human Rights Watch. November 2006
- Workers happy over government’s moves. Khaleej Times. 7 January 2007
- " .
- "Контакты." Russian International School in Dubai. Retrieved on April 12, 2015. "Школа расположена по адресу: Район Al Muhaisnah 4, Дубай, Объединенные Арабские Эмираты"
- "Lycée libanais francophone privé." AEFE. Retrieved on June 2, 2016. "Adresse Muhaisnah 4, P.O. Box 28759, Dubaï"
- Menon,Sunita. "Workers live amid pools of sewage". Gulf News. March 10, 2007
- Ellis, Eric. "Dubai's Labor Ghetto". Asia Sentinel. February 10, 2008.
|This United Arab Emirates location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|