Muhammad Asadullah Al-Ghalib
Dr. Muhammad Asadullah Al-Ghalib
ড. মুহাম্মাদ আসাদুল্লাহ আল-গালিব
15 January 1948 |
Bularati, (Satkhira, Bangladesh)
|Occupation||Professor of the department of Arabic at University of Rajshahi (1980–present)|
|Notable work(s)||Tafsirul Quran; Ahlehadeeth Movement: Origin and the Development, with special reference to South Asian region (Ph.D Thesis); Salatur Rasul (SM) (Bangla and English); Nobider Kahini(Series-1,2,3)|
|Alma mater||Kakdanga Senior Madrasah (Satkhira, Bangladesh)
Aramnagar Alia Madrasa (Jamalpur, Bangladesh)
Kalaroa Govt. College (Satkhira, Bangladesh)
University of Dhaka
University of Rajshahi
|Website||Ahlehadeeth Andolon Bangladesh|
Dr. Muhammad Asadullah Al-Ghalib (Arabic: د.محمد اسد الله الغالب; Bengali: ড. মুহাম্মাদ আসাদুল্লাহ আল-গালিব) (b. 15 January 1948) is a Bangladeshi reformist Islamic scholar, and professor of Arabic at the University of Rajshahi. He is the founder leader of nation wide Islamic organization Ahlehadeeth Andalon Bangladesh (AHAB), the largest Ahlehadeeth movement in Bangladesh. Moreover, he is also the founder and chairman of editorial board of the Monthly At-tahreek, an extra-ordinary islamic research journal of Bangladesh. He has a tremendous contribution in spreading Daawah Salafiyah in Bangladesh from grass root level to a wider perspective of national and international arena.
On 23 February 2005, he was arrested on charges following allegations he was leading Islamic militants. He was further alleged to have received funding from the Revival of Islamic Heritage Society. Dr. al-Ghalib has denied any involvement with Islamic militancy and get release from jail on 28 August 2008, and released form all cases but one.
Al-Ghalib was born in 1948 to a respectable Mandal family of Maulavi Bari in the village Bularati, located in Satkhira District, Bangladesh. His mother Basirun(Died on 26 June 1984 A.D) was a pious woman and his father Maulana Ahmad Ali (1883-1976 AD. died at the age of 93 years) was a renowned Islamic scholar and leader of the Ahlehadeeth.
Al-Ghalib passed the Dakhil, Alim and Fazil public examinations from Kakdanga Senior Madrasha, Satkhira, Bangladesh. In 1969 he passed the Kamil (Muhaddith) Examination from Aramnagar Alia Madrasa, Jamalpur, Bangladesh. He passed all examinations in the First Division. He secured the 16th place in Alim and 5th place in Kamil examination of the then Madrasha Education Board of the East Pakistan.
He got his I.A. from Kalaroa, Govt. College, Satkhira, Bangladesh; B. A. from Majid Memorial City College, Khulna, Bangladesh and in 1976 M.A. in Arabic from the department of Arabic at the University of Dhaka, securing First Class First position. Lastly, he got Ph.D. Degree from the University of Rajshahi on 20 August 1992 by submitting a dissertation on Ahl-i-Hadeeth Movement: Origin and the Development; with special reference to South Asian region.
Al-Ghalib served as a teacher in Jamia Muhammdia Arabia Madrasha at North Jatrabari, Dhaka. After passing the M.A. examination, he joined the "Institute of Modern Languages" at the University of Dhaka, as a part-time Lecturer on 25 September 1980.
Thereafter in the same year on 10 December, he joined as a Lecturer in the department of Arabic and Islamic Studies in the University of Rajshahi. When the department was separated in 1995, he stayed in the department of Arabic and has still been working as a Professor. He attended many international seminars and conferences as a guest speaker in different countries like India , Pakistan , Srilanka, Nepal, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates.
- Ahlehadeeth Andolon Bangladesh (Ahlehadeeth Movement Bangladesh) – A national based Ahlehadeeth organisation, Founded on Friday, 23 September 1994.
- Bangladesh Ahlehadeeth Jubo Shangha – A youth's wing of Ahlehadeeth Movement Bangladesh, founded on 5 February 1978.
- Bangladesh Ahlehadeeth Mahilla Songstha - A ladie's wing of Ahlehadeeth Movement Bangladesh, Founded on 7 June 1981.
- Tawheed Trust (Regd) – A registered non-profit social welfare well-known organization, which is based in Rajshahi, Bangladesh, opened on 5 September 1989.
- Salafiyah Trust (Regd) - A registered social welfare organization, founded in 2002.
- Hadeeth Foundation Bangladesh – A renowned Islamic research foundation with Darul Ifta and publishing house, founded on 15 November 1992.
- Islamic Complex - Founded in 2010.
- Monthly At-tahreek – An Islamic research journal, is directed to salafi path, based on pure Tawheed and Saheeh (authentic) Sunnah, that presenting the real teaching of the Glorious Quran and authentic Hadeeth; first published on September 1997.
- Sonamoni - A children's Wing of Ahlehadeeth Movement Bangladesh, founded in 1994.
- Pather Alo Foundation - A national based project for orphans, sightless, disabled and neglected people, founded in 2009.
Dr. Ghalib wrote various valuable books on different subjects including religion , education, society, politics and literature . All these books are published by Hadeeth Foundation Bangladesh. His research articles in various languages, published in different journals and periodicals at home and abroad, are more than 450 and some others are awaiting for publication. Along with this, he supervised many academic research works. His published books number over 40. He is known for the meticulous research behind his works.
List of works
- Tafsirul Quran (The Interpretation of the Glorious Quran) - 2013
- Ahleadeeth Movement: Origin and the Development; with special reference to South Asian region (Ph.D Thesis) - February 1996
- Ahlehadeeth Andolon: Ki O Keno (Ahlehadeeth Andolon:What and Why) [Bangla] - July 1979
- Ahlehadeeth Andolon: What and Why (English) - 2012
- Daa'wat o Jihad - March 1993
- Masail-I Qurbani O 'Aakika - July 1987
- Milad Prasongga - October 1986
- Shobe Barat - March 1990
- AARbi Qaedah - March 1997
- Salatur Rasul (SM) (Bangla) - 1998
- Salatur Rasul (SM) (English) - 2010
- Talaq O Tahlil - February 2001
- Hajj O Umrah (Hajj and Umrah) - November 2001
- Aakida Islamiah - March 2000
- Udatto Aahban (The Clarion Call) - March 1993
- Islami khilafat o Nettritto Nirbachon - March 2003
- Iqamate Din: Path o Paddhoti - March 2004
- Hadeeth-er Pramanikota - March 2004
- Aasurae Muharram o Aamader Karanio - March 2004
- Shamaj Biplober Dhara - November 1986
- Tinti Motobad - January 1987
- Naitik vitti O Prastabana - March 1993
- Dhormoniropekkhota (Secularism) - 1996
- Insane Kamel (The Perfect Person) - February 2009
- Sabi O Murti (Images and Idolls) - January 2010
- Nobider Kahini - 1 (The Lives of Prophets - 1) - March 2010
- Nobider Kahini - 2 (The Lives of Prophets - 2) - December 2010
- Nobider Kahini - 3 (The Lives of Prophets - 3)
- Naiti Prasner Uttar (Nine Questions and It's Answers) - [Translated from Arabic] August 2010
- Jihad o Qital (Jihad and War) - 2013
- Firqah Najiah - 2013
- Jibon Darshan (Philosophies of Life) - 2013. It is a selected editorial collection of Dr. Ghalib regarding various aspects of human life, that published on the Monthly At-tahreek in different times.
- Ibn Taymiyyah
- Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab
- Abd ar-Rahman ibn Nasir as-Sa'di
- Muhammad Nasiruddin al-Albani
- Abd al-Aziz ibn Abd Allah ibn Baaz
- Muhammad ibn al Uthaymeen
- Ehsan Elahi Zaheer
- Official Website of Ahlehaedeeth Andolon Bangladesh
- Monthly At-Tahreek
- Rahman, Waliur (2005-02-23). "Police hold Bangladesh professor". BBC News.
- Prof Galib-Arrest | Asia Africa Intelligence Wire
- Routray, Bibhu Prasad (2005-03-02). "Bangladesh steps out of denial cocoon". Asia Times.
- Montero, David (2005-09-07). "How extremism came to Bangladesh". The Christian Science Monitor.
- Ghalib, 3 other Ahle Hadith leaders held | News From Bangladesh
- Police investigation fails to prove Dr. Galib involvement in bomb attack | Asia Africa Intelligence Wire From UNB
- LOCAL VIEWS ON DR. GHALIB |Wikileaks : 2006-02-16
- ARRESTED DR. GALIB: TERRORIST OR DUPE? |Wikileaks : 3 Mar 2005
- Ahle Hadith Andolon chief Ghalib freed on bail | The Financial Express
- Alleged militant kingpin Ghalib out on bail | bdnews24.com
- Dr Galib, 17 others relieved from bomb attack case | Asia Africa Intelligence Wire From UNB
- Drama Festival Blast : Galib, 5 others acquitted | The Daily Star
- Ali, Anwar (2005-02-17). "RU teacher with 'militant link' operates in 42 districts". The Daily Star.
- "Dr. Asadullah Al-ghalib against Terrorism".
- Ahle Hadith : New moves in religion-based politics | PROBE NEWS
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Muhammad Asadullah Al-Ghalib|