Muhammad Medical College
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Muhammad Medical College is a medical institution located outside Mirpurkhas City on Hyderabad road. It was inaugurated in 1999 by Pervez Musharraf (Former President and chief of army staff of Pakistan).
Location and facilities
Muhammad Medical College (MMC) is located just outside Mirpurkhas (6 km from Zero point) on Hyderabad road. This is opposite Ratanabad railway station near main bus stand. It spreads over 40 acres (16 ha) owned by Muhammad Foundation Trust for its projects. Public transport operating along Hyderabad road provides access to the college.
The college campus holds all of the departments. Each department has its own museum, laboratory and tutorial room, which are well equipped. Students get clinical training in nearby 500 bedded Muhammad Medical college Hospital. There are hostels for males and females. A large 3-storey girls' hostel has recently been established.
The college is recognised by several national and international organizations. It is recognized by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC), Pakistan.
In international organizations, it is recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO). It got affiliated with Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences, Jamshoro in 2015.
Board of trustees
- Founder chairman: Dr. Syed Ali Muhammad
- Chairperson: Mrs. Razia Muhammad
- Managing Trustee: Prof. Dr. Syed Razi Muhammad
- Secretary Board of Trustees: Syed Taqi Muhammad
- Trustee: Dr. Mrs. A. H, Muhammad
- Trustee: Mr. M. Ibrahim Soomro
- Pervez Musharraf
- "Official website view" Archived 2 August 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- "MMC official web about PMDC" Archived 23 December 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- "who directory" and British Medical Council
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 23 December 2008. Retrieved 16 January 2009.
- "Board of trustees"[permanent dead link]