|It is proposed that this article be deleted because of the following concern:
If you can address this concern by improving, copyediting, sourcing, renaming, or merging the page, please edit this page and do so. You may remove this message if you improve the article or otherwise object to deletion for any reason. Although not required, you are encouraged to explain why you object to the deletion, either in your edit summary or on the talk page. If this template is removed, do not replace it.
The article may be deleted if this message remains in place for seven days, i.e., after 22:02, 29 July 2016 (UTC).
Nominator: Please consider notifying the author/project:
|Born||1957 (age 58–59)
Saran District, Bihar
|Alma mater||Hawza 'Ilmiyya Qom
Simon Fraser University (MA)
|Religion||Islam (Usuli Twelver Shia)|
|Parent(s)||Sa'id Akhtar Rizvi|
|The Fourteen Infallibles|
Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi was born in the Saran district of Bihar, India. His family migrated to Tanzania, where he underwent elementary schooling. In 1972 he went to Qom for religious studies. There he advanced to the ability of Ijtihad under the tutelage of Grand Ayatullah Wahid Khurãsãni.
In 1982 he returned to India. Answering the requests of Canadian Shi'a communities, Sayyid and his wife moved to Vancouver the next year. While in Vancouver, he was able to complete his Master of Arts degree in History in 1991 from Simon Fraser University. The same year Sayyid and his family moved to Ontario, where since 1996  he has served as the Imam of the Islamic Shia Ithna Asheri Jamaat of Toronto.
His published works include:
- An Explanatory Translation of the Qur'ān. Canada: SMR Publications. 1984. ISBN 0-920675-06-9.
- Imām Ḥusayn The Savior of Islam. 1984. PDF
- Khums an Islamic Tax. Canada: Vancouver Islamic Educational Foundation. 1984. ISBN 0-920675-11-5. PDF
- Khums an Islamic Tax. Qom: Ansariyan Publications. 1993.
- The Ritual Ablutions for Women (Tahāratu 'N-Nisā'). Canada: Vancouver Islamic Educational Foundation. 1985. ISBN 0-920675-11-5.
- The Ritual & Spiritual Purity. Qom: Ansariyan Publications. 1989. ISBN 978-964-438-083-9.
- Marriage & Morals in Islam. Canada: Vancouver Islamic Educational Foundation. 1990. ISBN 0-920675-10-7. PDF
- Marriage & Morals in Islam. Qom: Ansariyan Publications. 1999.
- An Introduction to the Islamic Shari‘ah. Qom: Ansariyan Publications. 1992.
- Writing an Islamic Will. Canada: Al-Ma‘ārif Books. 1993.
- Hajj: The Pilgrimage to Mecca. 1996.
- Shī‘ism Imāmate & Wilāyat. Canada: Al-Ma‘ārif Books. 1999. ISBN 0-920675-11-5.
- Islam: Faith, Practice & History. Qom: Ansariyan Publications. 2004.
- Hijab: A Muslim Woman's Dress. 2004.
- The Infallibility of the Prophets in the Qur'an. Canada: Al-Ma‘ārif Books. 2005.
- The Infallibility of the Prophets in the Qur'an (in Swahili). Dar es Salaam: Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania. 2008.
- Islamic Business Ethics. Canada: Al-Ma‘ārif Books. 2007. ISBN 0-920675-12-3.
Works which he co-authored:
- Rizvi, Sayyid Sa‘īd Akhtar; Rizvi, Sayyid Muhammad (1985). Imāmate: (the Vicegerency of the Prophet). World Organization for Islamic Services. ISBN 0-920675-11-5.
- Rizvi, Sayyid Muhammad; Kanju, Muhammad S. (2003). Imam al-Mehdi (in Swahili). Dar es Salaam: Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania. ISBN 9987-620-38-8.