Muhammad bin Abdul Karim Issa
Muhammad bin Abdul Karim Al-Issa
|Secretary General of the Muslim World League|
|Assumed office |
12 August 2016
|Preceded by||Abdallah Ben Abdel Mohsen At-Turki|
|Minister of Justice|
14 February 2009 – 29 January 2015
|Prime Minister||King Abdullah|
|Preceded by||Abdullah bin Muhammad Al Sheikh|
|Succeeded by||Waleed Al-Samani|
|Born||10 June 1965|
|Alma mater||Imam Muhammad bin Saud University|
Muhammad bin Abdul Karim Issa (born 9 June 1965) is a Saudi Arabian politician, Secretary General of the Muslim World League, President of the International Islamic Halal Organization, and former Minister of Justice.
Early life and education
Al-Issa was born in Riyadh on 10 June 1965. He obtained a bachelor of arts degree in Comparative Islamic Jurisprudence (Fiqh) at Imam Muhammad bin Saud University. He holds a master of arts degree and PhD in Comparative Judicial Studies as well as in Studies in General Law and Constitutional Law from Imam Muhammad bin Saud University.
After graduation, Issa began to work at Imam Mohammed bin Saud Islamic University as a faculty member. He became vice president to the board of grievances (a legal body for arbitration) in 2007, and he served there until 2009. He was appointed minister of justice to the Saudi cabinet on 14 February 2009 in a major cabinet reshuffle, replacing Abdullah bin Muhammad Al Sheikh. Al Sheikh had been in office since 1992. The appointment of Issa as minister of justice was part of King Abdullah's reform initiatives.
Issa was appointed Secretary General of the Muslim World League on 11/6/1437 H. (August 4, 2016).
Issa argued in a lecture at Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University in Riyadh in 2012 that Salafism is only an approach and that it should not be viewed as Islam. He further emphasized that Salafi approach is moderate and that it means following and obeying the ancestors’ belief and values in regard to the understanding of Islam.
- "Dr. Al-Issa takes over as secretary general of MWL". The International Islamic News Agency (IINA). Retrieved 14 August 2016.
- "Minister of Justice". Saudi Embassy Washington. Archived from the original on 16 June 2011. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Mohamad bin Abdul Karim Issa". GLP. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "Profiles". Saudi Gazette. 15 February 2009. Archived from the original on 24 September 2012. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- Christopher Boucek (June 2009), "Saudi Arabia's king changes the guard" (PDF), Jane's Islamic Affairs Analyst, Carnegie Endowment, archived from the original (PDF) on 11 April 2010, retrieved 5 May 2012
- "Council of Senior Ulema reconstituted". Saudi Gazette. Riyadh. 15 February 2009. Archived from the original on 15 September 2012. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "King Abdullah Conducts Major Cabinet Reshuffle". Asharq Alawsat. 15 February 2009. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "The Council of Ministers". Saudia Online. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "King Abdullah Reshuffles Cabinet, Embarks on New Reform Initiative". US-Saudi Arabian Business Council. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Saudi King appoints first woman to council". CNN. 14 February 2009. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- "Dr. Al-Issa took office as Secretary General of the Muslim World League". Muslim World League. Retrieved 2017-05-29.
- "Salafism is only an approach, says justice minister". The Muslim Times. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
|Non-profit organization positions|
Abdallah Ben Abdel Mohsen At-Turki
| Secretary General of Muslim World League
Abdullah Aal Al Sheikh
| Minister of Justice
2009 – 2015
|This Saudi Arabia related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- "Saudi King orders major cabinet shake-up". Asharq Al-Awsat daily newspaper. Retrieved 30 January 2015.