Muhammad in the Quran
Part of a series on Islam
The name "Muhammad" is mentioned four times in the Quran and the name "Ahmad" (another variant of the name of the Islamic prophet, Muhammad) is mentioned one time. However, Muhammad is also referred to with various titles such as the Messenger of Allah, Prophet, unlettered, etc. and many verses about Muhammad refer directly or indirectly to him. Also, the name of chapter (Surah) 47 of the Quran is "Muhammad".
|Sura||Verse||English translation (by Abdullah Yusuf Ali)|
|Al Imran (Arabic: آل عمران)||144||Muhammad is only a messenger: many Were the messenger that passed away before him. If he died or were slain, will ye then Turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah; but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude.|
|Al-Ahzab (Arabic: سورة الأحزاب)||40||Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.|
|Muhammad (Arabic: سورة محمد)||2||But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the (Revelation) sent down to Muhammad - for it is the Truth from their Lord,- He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition.|
|Al-Fath (Arabic: سورة الفتح)||29||Muhammad is the messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward.|
|As-Saff (Arabic: سورة الصف)||6||And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, "this is evident sorcery!" |
- Ahmad the Paraclete
- Mahammaddim in the Song of Solomon
- Muhammad in the Bible
- The verse of Ikmal al-Din
- The verse of loan
- The verse of Wilayah
- The warning verse
- Verse of brotherhood
- The verse of purification
- People of Ditch
- The verse of evil eye
- The obedience verse
- The verse of Mawadda
- Ali in the Quran
- List of characters and names mentioned in the Quran
- "Critical Thinking – A World View".
- "Muhammad in Quran".
- "Some Selected Verses From The Holy Qur'an On OUR BELOVED PROPHET MUHAMMAD Sallallahu 'alayhi wa Sallam".
- "Quran (Chapter 47)".
- "Translations of the Qur'an". Archived from the original on 2016-08-10.
- "English translation of Quran by Yusuf Ali".
- "Quran Surah Aal-i-Imraan ( Verse 144 )'". Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "Quran Surah Al-Ahzaab ( Verse 40 )'". Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "Quran Surah Muhammad ( Verse 2 )'". Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "Quran Surah Al-Fath ( Verse 29 )'". Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "Quran Surah As-Saff ( Verse 6 )'". Retrieved 2018-01-25.