|Place of origin||Aleppo, Syria|
|Main ingredients||Red peppers, walnuts, breadcrumbs, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, red chili paste, salt, olive oil, cumin|
The principal ingredients are usually fresh or dried peppers, usually Aleppo pepper, ground walnuts, breadcrumbs, and olive oil. It may also contain garlic, salt, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, and sometimes spices (e.g. cumin). It may be garnished with mint leaves.
- Ajika, a dip in Caucasian cuisine, based on a boiled preparation of hot red peppers, garlic, herbs and spices
- Ajvar, a condiment made principally from roasted peppers, eggplants, and sunflower oil or olive oil that is popular in Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, and other Balkan cuisines.
- Biber salçası, a hot or sweet pepper paste in Turkish cuisine
- Harissa, a hot chili pepper paste in Maghreb cuisine
- Sahawiq, a hot sauce in Middle Eastern cuisine, made from fresh hot peppers seasoned with coriander, garlic and various spices
- List of dips
- List of sauces