March 7, 1967
|Alma mater||Autonomous University of Madrid|
|Notable works||'Scattered Crumbs
Fingers of Dates
We Are All Widowers of the Answers
Muhsin Al-Ramli (Arabic: محسن الرملي, officially known as Muhisin Mutlak Rodhan; born 7 March 1967) is an expatriate Iraqi writer living in Madrid, Spain since 1995. He is a translator of several Spanish classics to Arabic. He produced the complete translation of Don Quixote from Spanish to Arabic. He teaches at the Saint Louis University Madrid Campus. He is the current editor of Alwah, a magazine of Arabic literature and thought, which he co-founded.
Early life and education
In 2003, he earned a Doctorate in Philosophy and Letters and Spanish Philology from the Autonomous University of Madrid. His thesis topic was The Imprint of Islamic Culture in Don Quixote. He is the brother of the writer and poet Hassan Mutlak.
- Gift from the Century to Come (Short stories) 1995
- In Search of a Live Heart (Theater) 1997
- Papers far from the Tigris (Short stories) 1998
- Scattered Crumbs (Novel) 2000
- The Happy Nights of the Bombing (Narrative) 2003
- We Are All Widowers of the Answers (Poetry) 2005
- Dates on My Fingers (Novel) 2008
- Asleep among the Soldiers (Poetry) 2011
- The Oranges Of Baghdad and Chinese Love (Short stories) 2011
- The President's Gardens (Novel) 2012
- The wolf of love and books (Novel) 2015
1. Laranjas e giletes em Bagdá/Naranjas y cuchillas en Bagdad, Fedra Rodríguez Hinojosa (Trans.), (n.t.) Revista Literária em Tradução, nº 1 (set/2010), Fpolis/Brasil, ISSN 2177-5141
- "Faculty : Saint Louis University Madrid Campus : SLU". www.slu.edu. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- "Muhsin Al-Ramli (Iraq, 1967)". XX international Poetry Festival of Medellín. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- Francisco Reina, M. (6 April 2008). "Cultura Dedos de Dátiles". ABC (in Spanish). Madrid: ABC Periódico Electrónico S.L.U. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- The documentary about Al-Ramli in the Arabic channel: ALJAZEERA
- Documentary in the Spanish Channel TVE, about: The Iraqi writer Muhsin Al-Ramli.
- Al-Ramli: "I Am Iraq" / By Constanza Vieira / IPS
- Official blog
- Poem by Muhsin Al-Ramli / review (BLACK RENAISSANCE NOIRE), Vol7 Nº2, 2007 New York
- Review / Scattered Crumbs / Family Matters / by Harold Braswell
- from Scattered Crumbs by Muhsin Al-Ramli
- About: Asleep among the Soldiers by Muhsin Al-Ramli / in Aljazeera.net (in Arabic).
- Interview with the author
- Longlist Announced for 2013 International Prize for Arabic Fiction
- Looking at the 2013 Longlist: Muhsin al-Ramli’s ‘The President’s Gardens’
- About The President’s Gardens in Aljazeera.net