Muirkirk station (MARC)
|MARC commuter rail station|
|Location||7012-B Muirkirk Road, Beltsville, Maryland|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||December 12, 1994|
|2018||279 daily 3.3% (MARC)|
Muirkirk is a passenger rail station on the MARC Camden Line between the District of Columbia's Washington Union Station and Baltimore's Camden Station. It is located at 7012-B Muirkirk Road over the bridge that carries Muirkirk Road above both the Camden Line and US 1.
Muirkirk station consists of two platforms with open shelters on both sides of the former Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Washington Division line. A concrete open storm drain runs beneath the northbound platform. Three pedestrian walkways cross over the storm drain as well as the tracks. US 1 runs behind the southbound platform which is protected by guard rails and a chain-link fence.
- "MARC Station Information". MTA Maryland. Retrieved May 29, 2020.
- Fehr, Stephen (1994-12-12). "Commuter Lines Add Stations in Va. and Md". The Washington Post. p. D3. ProQuest 757194485.
- https://s3.amazonaws.com/mta-website-staging/mta-website-staging/files/Transit%20Projects/Cornerstone/MCP_MARC.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- "December 2018 MARC performance (for Nov 18) - Ridership" (PDF). Maryland Transportation Authority. Retrieved 8 January 2020.
- MARC station list (includes Muirkirk) Archived 2008-03-09 at the Wayback Machine MARC official website
Media related to Muirkirk (MARC station) at Wikimedia Commons